Burt's Bees Super Shiny Mango Conditioner

Burt's Bees Super Shiny Mango Conditioner

Review of "Burt's Bees Super Shiny Mango Conditioner"

published 02/11/2013 | kat123456
Member since : 12/10/2011
Good
Pro softens hair
Cons scent not strong enough, a little too runny
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Bee Minus"

Having been unimpressed by the Super Shiny Mango Shampoo in this range, I was somewhat dubious when it came to using the conditioner. I had purchased them together at £8.50 each online but I always seem to get through shampoo quicker than conditioner so started using the conditioner after I had already begun my rather negative experience with the shampoo. Having spent good money on it though, I was not prepared to let it go to waste and tried to keep an open mind as to how good this would be.

THE CONDITIONER

The conditioner comes in a bottle of 295ml, with a flip top lid on the top. The packaging is very similar to the shampoo except the lid is white rather than orange/yellow so you can tell them apart at a glance in the shower. The front of the bottle has a picture of a mango and a slice of mango on it. It says that the conditioner is ‘sulfate free’ and ’98.8% natural’. The conditioner is readily removed from the top by squeezing into the palm of your hand. It contains mango oil, which is said to be 'rich in vitamins, minerals and amazing antioxidants' and that ' mangos contain an enzyme with unique smoothing properties'. ¬¬ So, it is meant to leave your hair smooth and shiny. I also love the smell of mangoes - one of my favourite fruity scents - so this really appealed to me. The conditioner contains Mango Seed and Avocado Oils, which are contained to naturally detangle your hair.
USING THE CONDITIONER

To use I usually apply a generous amount to the mid-lengths and end of my hair. I had experienced problems rinsing the mango shampoo completely from my hair so wanted to avoid anywhere near the roots in case this had the same problem. I didn't want to be left with dull, oily roots. The conditioner isn't as thick as others I have used, it is more creamy - reminding me of the consistency of moisturiser. It is white in colour and has only a very light scent. The shampoo has a lovely, bold, fruity aroma and this is just not a patch on that. I wouldn't even say it smelt particularly of mangoes. This was disappointing to me as the fragrance was one of the key reasons that I had purchased this product and I love the waft of a fragrance on my hair throughout the day as it makes me feel like my hair is fresh and clean.

Once applied, I leave for several minutes before rinsing. It takes a while to rinse thoroughly but it does rinse out ok. There does not feel to be any residue left in the hair after drying. The conditioner does leave my hair soft and manageable. My hair feels in good condition and not too dry either. There is a decent shine given to the hair, which is especially evident after straightening.
MY OVERALL OPINION

Overall, I much prefer the conditioner to the shampoo in this range. It is not as thick as I would like and nowhere near scented enough but it does do a decent job and leaves my hair soft. I am not sure I like it enough to be persuaded to purchase it again though - I have definitely used better conditioners. I do not think that I could say that this conditioner was anything other than middle of the road – it does a decent job but it is pricey and you do need a fair bit of it per application if, like me, you have long, thick hair so price per application is probably quite high!
Whilst I can’t deny that my hair felt soft, smooth and shiny after use – what I expect from a conditioner – I have achieved this with cheaper conditioners so I do not think that this warrants the high price and I wouldn’t pay it again personally.

• Coloneljohn published 07/11/2013
    Nicely reviewed. John
  • alliewallie published 02/11/2013
    This didn't suit my hair but you've described it very well!!