Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body & Bath Oil

Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body & Bath Oil

Review of "Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body & Bath Oil"

published 18/01/2009 | sparkled_pixie
Member since : 05/09/2007
Pro Smells wonderful and is kind to the skin
Cons It cost £10 which is alot of money
Does it smell good?

"Who has had a wee in my bath?"

I have spent a lot of time reading reviews here lately and it became apparent that there are various trends of beauty products which rapidly become popular. The one range which caught my eye was Burt's Bee's because I had seen their stock for sale in my local chemist which seemed to have a whole shelf dedicated to the products and because I had yet to read a bad review about them I decided to treat myself on payday.

Now I am not a big fan of Lush, that might be shocking to some of you but although I have never used any of their products I simple cannot abide the smell of the shop when walking past, it really is too strong and with that in mind I decided that I should try with something straightforward and plumped for the Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body and Bath Oil, not the type of product I would usually buy because I am a big fan of the relaxing Radox or Original Source products, but not wanting to miss out on the fun I bought it. Now we are entering the cold months, I feel my skin is in need of something extra to keep it soft and smooth, as the harsh weather really does dry my skin out quite terribly.

The Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body and Bath Oil is sold in a plastic bottle which reminds me of the bottle that the Snapple drink that you can buy from your local shop is sold in. It is very round and fat in shape with a black screw top lid and clearly upon the bottles label are the words The Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body and Bath Oil. Within the bottle which is completely see through is some yellow coloured looking lotion of some kind which actually reminded me of Olive Oil and also to be found on the label are some of the ingredients which include lemon oil and sweet almond oil.

This product comes with a long list of ingredients which are clear to read on the back of the bottle. As I found out later, Burt's Bees products contain a lot of natural ingredients and essential oils because it is believed that they are better for the skin. So although I already know that this product contains Lemon and Sweet Almond Oil I also learn that there is Wheatgerm oil and some rosemary. Lemon Oil and Sweet Almond Oil I have had experience off in many other products and I know that Sweet Almond oil helps to soothe, condition and seal in the skin's moisture which makes it appear and feel much softer to touch. Lemon Oil is an uplifting scent and it is used in bath and body products because of its ability to really clean the skin particularly if it is greasy. I had never in my experience come across Wheatgerm Oil and I did Google it to find that it is very high in Vitamin E and I am told Vitamin E is used within creams and lotions because it is not only an antioxidant but it also helps to keep the skin looking younger and helps to reduce the signs of aging.

So now I am armed with that information, I am ready for my bath and once my bath taps were running on full I tipped in a few capfuls of the bath oil I noticed it was quite similar to Olive Oil and was thick in texture and it plopped out of the bottle rather than run smoothly. As the oil mixed with the water I was surprised not to find a greasy film floating on the top of the bath, although my bath did now look like someone had taken a wee in it due to the colour, the one thing I noticed was how fragrant the lemon had become. As this is an oil, I didn't expect to have any bubbles, so I wasn't disappointed on that front, I was actually rather taken aback by the lovely smell it created and how relaxing I found my bath to be. As you sit in the bath surrounded by this product you can, if you touch your skin, actually feel the oil and I did rub it gently into my skin to ensure the product would work and that I would have super soft skin.

After my bath and once I had dried myself my skin did feel really nice and soft and smelled beautiful of lemons and almonds and was very soft to touch and in myself I felt incredibly relaxed and stress free. Since buying this product I have used it as I would use baby oil and when I have found dry patches of skin, using a cotton wool pad or ball I have dabbed the oil onto my skin directly to treat that particular area and it is great having a product in the house which is so versatile.

Since buying this product I have become quite a fan of Burt's Bees products and this is one product that I will definitely be again and in the meantime I may find myself wandering past the chemist to purchase one or two other products I had my eye on. With Burt's Bees products you do have to pay quite a lot more for them than your usual high street brand and this bath oil alone cost me just under £10 because it was on offer at £9.99, so that is something to bare in mind. I have had my bottle for just over 2 weeks now and I haven't used a third of the bottle yet and it has been used 6 times in total. The one thing to remember is that you really don't need to use very much of the oil when having a bath.

• Jake_Speed published 21/03/2012