Buyer Beware! (urgent warnings about products/services to avoid at all costs)

Buyer Beware! (urgent warnings about products/services to avoid at all costs)

Review of "Buyer Beware! (urgent warnings about products/services to avoid at all costs)"

published 20/08/2011 | magbeth
Member since : 05/01/2009
Pro fun shoot
Cons unflexible, rude and expensive.

"venture photography- steer clear!"

I was sold a voucher for venture at our local supermarket. it seemed like a bargain- we got the shoot and one free small picture for £15. only after I had handed over my bank details was i told that the studio was about 25 miles away in Darlington.
however, my husband and i were still looking forward to taking our 1 year old daughter along to the session. we did enjoy the shoot and the photographer was lovely. we made an appointment to view the results the next Saturday.
When we got home we looked at the price list we'd been given. it was very misleading. it seemed as though the cheapest picture was £200. the picture that we got free with the voucher was in tiny writing and it was obvious that this was to fool you into paying more.
well, we returned for the viewing today. With it being so far away .(and it being derby day) the roads were very busy and we ended up being late. we did call and explain to the studio and thought we would be ok as they allow an hour for appointments and we were clear about what we wanted.
we arrived and were told we could not see the photographs in spite of the fact that we had 45 minutes of time left in our appointment slot. having driven all the way from the far side of Durham, we were not impressed. we stood our ground and explained that we thought they were being massively unreasonable, but they wouldn't budge.we ended up demanding our money back and to be fair, they refunded us what we'd paid. it's obvious that they had a whole hard sell presentation for us and this was why they refused us. the frustrating thing is knowing that they might use our images for marketing etc! all in all a most stressful and unpleasant experience and we will NEVER use venture again.

• Elysia2003 published 20/08/2011
    At least you got your money back, I thought this was going to be a hard sell story. It's a shame you didn't get your pic, my sisters are amazing.

Product Information : Buyer Beware! (urgent warnings about products/services to avoid at all costs)

Listed on Ciao since: 27/09/2000