Buying A Second Hand Car

Buying A Second Hand Car

Review of "Buying A Second Hand Car"

published 17/03/2001 | stripey
Member since : 16/03/2001
Pro Lots of mod cons and economy for a 2.0 litre car
Cons boot space and rear trim

"I bought a 1997 Vauxhall Vectra"

I recently bought a 1997 Vauxhall Vectra Estate 2.0 16v GLS estate. Having looked a a number of estate and hatchback examples privately and from traders it was clear that some had had a very hard life, so I took my time and kept looking.

The car I finally purchased privately and wish to share the merits of this car. The engine is very quiet and fantastically smooth.

It comes with electric heated mirrors, air conditioning, central locking, alarm and immobiliser. The steering wheel is adjustable, as is the drivers seat up and down for that perfect position and visibility. It has traction control and ABS.The brakes are fantastic. Electric windows to the front and a super CD radio. The traffic master warns of motorway hold ups and has already saved me from some serious motorway delays.

I used to have a saab 9000i which I loved but I like the Vectra better. Motor magazines have critisised the cars chassis but I find the handling first class.

My main dislike is the feeble nature of the side trim inside the 'boot area' and I would expect an estate to have a little more room for luggage with the back seats in position, but I have noticed this on a number of estates including the Audi A4 and BMW 3 and to some extent 5 series/

Overall I am very pleased and petrol consumption when driven at motorway sppeds but carefully is between 36 and 38 mpg.

• elspeth334 published 18/03/2001
    Good first op welcome to Ciao Cheers Elspeth
  • dsautos published 18/03/2001
    good first op im sure there will be more to follow soon
  • alflavor published 17/03/2001
    Good first op. Well done! al.

Product Information : Buying A Second Hand Car