CII Mortgage Advice Qualification

CII Mortgage Advice Qualification

Review of "CII Mortgage Advice Qualification"

published 05/09/2002 | jimneecricket
Member since : 27/06/2002
Pro Well written study book
Cons Bulk folder not suitable for transporting around.

"MAQ IS IT FOR YOU"

As part of the FSA's changes to the way the Financial Services Industry works all Mortgage Advisers are required to pass the Financial Planning Certificate and the Mortgage Advice Qualification.

This course is designed for people working in the Financial Services Industry who are involved with Mortgages and who are required to take the Mortgage Advice Qualification, possibly not everyone's idea of fun, but I hope that you can make an informed choice based on this opinion.

I ordered the MAQ work book via the cii website on-line and it arrived after two weeks , which is a week later than was stated but they did cover themselves by adding in an update that I did not have to pay for.

The course follows the syllabus perfectly and it explains all the facts needed in plain English.

It covers The Mortgage Code, Property types, various types of clients and their needs, capital and interest versus interest only amongst other things.

The book states that it assumes that people have a certain amount of knowledge, however I found no evidence of this and found some parts of it very basic.

However the fact that the book starts of slowly does allow you to get back into studying gently and it has example questions which show the standard that will be required of you in the exam.

At £30 this book is maybe pricey for someone who is buying it for themselves however I recommend this book to anyone who is studying for the MAQ in the forthcoming months.

I would like to wish anyone who is taking it the best of luck.

****Please check out the www.cii.co.uk as the rules are being changed shortly about the maq...*****

• jesi published 12/07/2005
    I'd really want to know more about the qualification - not just the book they sent you - and about your experiences studying. Is it assessed by examination or portfolio? What are your job opportunities afterwards? It would help in deciding "if the qualification is for me" if I knew more about WHY I might want to take the course and what's in it for me!.... - &#9829; - jes &#8776;&#8776;&#8776;&#8776;{; -)-{{::::: |||||<
  • JulyBunny published 25/02/2005
    good review x staz
  • Averilla published 23/02/2005
    Sounds like a useful book, don't think I'll personally be needing it though !! Av xx

Product Information : CII Mortgage Advice Qualification