princesss... 4

princesssoapy

Member since:03.06.2001

A co-operative quote from a co-operative company

21.08.2001

Advantages:
Reliable home service, quick and easy website and quote facility .

Disadvantages:
none that I can think of .

Price

2. Mitsudan
  3. evilfran
  1. Apocryphon
  2. carina2

I have recently been shopping for Car Insurance both on the Internet and on the telephone. I spent all day Friday on the Internet just looking at 5 sites and then I telephoned 2 insurance places as well. When I say all day I mean from 9.30am to 4pm with a break only for lunch!

Then Sunday I spent a hour looking for the company I used to work for the CIS Ltd (which stands for Co-operative Insurance Society) I worked for them for 9 years, since I left school but I left them when I pregnant, 3 years ago and never returned. I used to insure everything through them just because it was easy for me to get quotes and immediate cover, and to deal with people I knew.

Now most of the people I used to work with have left so I thought I would look on the Internet to get a quote that way.

This was the fastest and easiest site, out of the six I tried, to use. It was simple and straightforward and even if you didn't know anything about car insurance I think you wouldn't be able to go wrong with this site.

The only thing wrong with this website is that you cannot obtain cover straight away but as I don't require my cover until at least the end of the month this was all right.

The CIS deal through local agents and they have many district offices scattered around the country, which these agents work through. The agents are supposed to come to see you but you can deal with the company direct at the district office, which is where I used to work.

Back to the website, well they even make a helpful suggestion at the start by asking you to have certain documents at hand, like your driving licence, latest insurance certificate and the car log book.

You are then asked for certain details like name, date of birth, post code, car make and model, year and engine size and whether you and any other drivers have had any claims or convictions in the last 5 years. Then you are given the quote subject to terms and conditions of course and the validity of the information given and then you have a choice of payment methods. If paying by monthly direct debit you will be charged a credit charge of 13.7% APR my quote was as follows and the e-mail was sent immediately afterwards confirming the details

Then they stated that they had passed these details to my local office, who will arrange for a representative to call in the next few days to organize my motor cover. And then gave me a telephone no in case of queries which is 08000 28 29 29, this is the same telephone number that you should phone if you want a direct quote from them too.
All in all I think this is a marvellous service and website, you can get a quote without having to speak to anybody and then only speak to someone if you want to. I do like dealing with people on a one to one basis and the CIS do offer that special home service and to someone like me without the use of a car at the moment this is invaluable.
The Head Office is Miller Street, Manchester M60 0AL Telephone 0161-832-8686.

The don't only deal with car insurance they deal with life, pensions, household and others too.

They were slightly more expensive than the other companies but at least I know that I can trust these people and the claims service is second to none. All the customers that I used to deal with would say that their claims were dealt with extremely quickly.

Of course the level of service depends on the agent and I was always fortunate enough to pick great agents. I would really recommend the CIS company and website to anyone and I am not just saying that because I used to work there, if anything that should put me off! LOL

Nightstar1 03.04.2005 17:20

I too am with CIS - and have had to make a couple of claims through them... eventhough they may be a little more expensive - its worth it to know there is going to be no problems on claim! Think I may ifact write a review on the aftersales to confirm this! Em

ampuk2000 08.01.2004 12:28

Members of my family have gone to CIS for their house insurance etc... for many years so when I received my renewal quote from Tesco for car insurance (that increased by approximately £200 when a new 17 year old driver was added) I thought I would give them a go. Surprisingly for Fully Comp insurance with any driver (they do not need to be named on the policy or be over a certain age) it was only £10 more expensive than last years price with Tesco. The staff I spoke to also offered really good service.

carina2 02.01.2003 14:52

Very useful opinion. I am also using CIS for my car insurance. The only problem with it is that the insurance certificate could take some time to come. It all depends on the agent, If he/she is on top of his/her work.