CVtrumpet

CVtrumpet

Review of "CVtrumpet"

published 08/09/2009 | GeorgeMA
Member since : 08/09/2009
Pro Provided me with some very useful recruiter contacts
Cons Can't think of any
Speed of website
Database & Search Facilities
Layout & Design
Navigation
Frequency of content update

"CVtrumpet provided me with some useful connections quickly"

All in all I felt I got good value from CVtrumpet as it provided me with some useful recruiter contacts, which in turn got me one interview with another to follow.

You add your CV to the site, along with other information about your requirements, and CVtrumpet sends your CV out to lots of matching recruitment firms for you.

The service is provided to recruitment firms for free and the jobseeker pays for the service. When I emailed them, they said that by providing recruitment firms with CVs for free, they have been able to build an extensive network of recruiters across the UK numbering 8,271 as of August the 17th, '09.

I chose the package that was £42.55. This was for sending my CV to all recruiters that matched my profile once. I emailed them beforehand and they said that my profile matched 251 recruiters (I am a sales manager). I had the option to get the list of matching recruitment firms when joining online for an additional fee but decided to just get the sending service.

When I was joining, I could choose the recruitment firms my CV went to. First I chose my job level (MD/Director/Manager/Project Manager/Employee), then I chose the job type, there was about 80 to 100 of these and they include specific job types under these more general categories: Sales, Marketing, IT, Senior Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance and some others.

Next I chose the salary level, these went from £15,000 to £500,000. You're also asked whether you are looking for a permanent, contract, interim or temporary position as well as your location targets (it only covers the UK). You can also choose from a large number if industries also. Part time and graduate positions aren't mentioned on the form so these are likely to be not covered by the service.

I found the complete list of job functions and industries that they can help you in here (the page is actually for recruiters):

I added my CV at around 8.30 in the morning and got an email to say that it was going out that afternoon a few hours later.

A few recruiters emailed that afternoon and some phoned. The next day I had a few more enquiries from recruiters looking for more information or to discuss a potential role.

I'm very happy with the service and would use again.

• KateHurst published 08/09/2009
    This really is a helpful first review - there's plenty of detail, and facts and figures.
  • Amy69 published 08/09/2009
    Great review, sounds good! x
  • tb240904 published 08/09/2009
    Welcome to Ciao. Good first review. Very helpful!

Product Information : CVtrumpet