Review of "Caboodle Changing Bag"

published 17/08/2004 | rosefamilypsol
Member since : 30/03/2004
Satisfactory
Pro Good size bag with lots of pockets, nice changing mat included
Cons Coming apart at the seams. Quite expensive
Capacity
Wear & Tear

"Coming Apart at the Seams"

The Bag

The Bag

The Caboodle Bag is a changing bag which is big enough to hold everything you need when out and about with baby. It has lots of pockets, a large main area which can be zipped up and covered with a large flap. Also included with the bag is a large padded changing mat. The bag's listed size is 15" x 12" x 5" or 38 x 30 x 12 cm. (photo is attached).

It comes in 3 designs, plain navy blue, plain black and an elephant design in navy blue (quite cute) but if you have a girl these designs are probably not very appealing. The outside is made mainly of cotton which has a polyester lining that has probably been sewn into it by a bored teenager in needlework class. It is also supposed to be fully washable but I'm frightened if I do that it will fall apart.

We bought ours from the caboodle web-site (www.caboodlebags.co.uk) for £19.99. I can remember that they were very quick to take our money but it was weeks before our bag was delivered.

Our bag lasted about 4 months until all the lining started coming apart from the seams and we have now bought a replacement bag from another manufacturer, just as good and at half the price.

In summary, although this bag appears well designed there are some major floors in the workmanship. There is another review of this bag from a few years back and this person also appears to have experienced similar problems. Maybe Caboodle are best steered clear of if you need a quality changing bag. I am very tempted to complain to Caboodle to see what they say, I will update this review if I get a reply.

• RClure published 17/08/2004
    Nearly bought this bag... glad I didn't now. Thanks for the warning. Clare x
  • scottishkat published 17/08/2004
    Well I know not to buy this one then good review Kat x