Cadbury Brunch Bar

Cadbury Brunch Bar

Review of "Cadbury Brunch Bar"

published 19/04/2012 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro very tasty, a great sweet snack, good value, can be eaten on the go
Cons nothing
Product Quality
Product package
Taste
Smell

"Anytime Bar!"

I have recently been trying different cereal bars, that I am able to take to work with me to allow me to eat breakfast without having to do it first thing in the morning before I leave for work as I do not really feel like eating at the crack of dawn. One bar that I have tried recently is the Cadbury’s brunch bars, these come in three different varieties but I opted to try the choc chip ones.

I purchased a box containing 6 of the brunch bars from Asda where they are currently on special offer for just £1.00 a box.

The bars come in a box which is brown and the signature Cadbury’s purple, on the front of the box is the Cadbury’s logo, a picture of one of the bars as well as a description of the bars. On the back of the box is a description of the bars and on the side you can find full ingredients listings, and nutritional information. The bars inside are individually wrapped in foil wrappers to keep them nice and fresh and enable you to put them in a lunch box or bag to eat on the go.

These brunch bars come in three varieties, including raisin, hazelnut and choc chip. Me having a sweet tooth and loving chocolate I opted for the choc chip variety. The bars are described as brunch bars consisting of ‘a delicious combination of oat flakes, bran flakes, crispies and choc chips, with a drizzle of honey and dipped in just the right amount of delicious Cadbury’s milk chocolate’.

These bars are not as light as some in calories but they are quite a substantial bar so I do not find that too bad. Each 35g bar contains the following nutritional information:
Calories – 155
Fat – 6.2g
Protein – 2.1g
Carbohydrate – 22.4g

The bars are rectangular in shape and the bottom half of the bar in completely coated in Cadburys milk chocolate with a generous scattering of chocolate chips on the top. When you bite into the bar the oats, cereal and honey are combined together which give a crisp but chewy texture which works well and complements the smooth milk chocolate coating and chips. Personally I think that these bars make a great snack at any time of the day and are a cross between a cereal and chocolate bar. I really like these brunch bars and will certainly recommend them and continue to purchase them especially when they are on such great special offers.