Review of "Cadbury Creme Eggs"

published 02/03/2010 | Moorish
Member since : 02/03/2010
Pro A beautiful chocolate and sweet snack.
Cons You may need an extra sweet tooth to enjoy.
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Cadbury's Creme Egg - Legendary Chocolate Treat."

I have a very fond feeling towards Cadbury's Creme Eggs and have always loved these little gems for a tasty sweet treat and because Cadbury's Creme Eggs are so delightful, I would treat myself more often than not. I cannot remember the first time I tried a Cadbury's Creme Egg and I would imagine that I was very young indeed. Cadburys and their Creme Eggs are a British institution (or should I say, were a British institution - if you get my drift?) and I wouldn't even like to guess how many I have eaten in my own lifetime. I will be eating many more, as long as the new owners of Cadburys to not tamper with the recipe and leave it as it is.

Now then, there has been a lot of talk about Creme Eggs getting smaller as time goes by. I wonder if this is really the case. Maybe it is because we most likely started to eat Creme Eggs when we were children and as we grew bigger we may have had the illusion of the Creme Eggs getting smaller, but perhaps it was because we were actually getting bigger. I am not sure, but if we could go back in time, perhaps with Dr Who in his Tardis, then we could compare Creme Eggs of now to Creme Eggs from years ago. Regardless of this detail, Cadbury's Creme Eggs are a favourite with me.

A Cadbury's Creme Egg is, funnily enough, egg-shaped and the egg is made of Cadbury's chocolate, which I would imagine most of us know the classic taste. For those who do not know what Cadbury's chocolate tastes like, then words cannot explain and the only way to really know is to experience the flavour for yourself. Inside the egg-shape or egg-shell which is made from cadbury's chocolate, is a sweet tasting cream (hence creme) which have colorings to represent the real colours of a real egg yolk and white. The inner sweet filling is very sweet indeed and compliments the chocolate beautifully. Perhaps one does need to possess a very sweet tooth for this little treat, but I do know that there must be a lot of people with very sweet tooths, as this is a very popular chocolate treat. I personally love eating Creme Eggs and could probably eat one or two in one sitting.

The egg is wrapped in a foil with the company logo and chick design, which is unmistakable, unless you are not a native of the origin of these little treats.

Cadbury's Creme Eggs are a very welcome treat at any time of the day and any time of the year (not just Easter). I eat these little beauties quite frequently and will most likely do so until the day I die.

• KateHurst published 03/03/2010
    Very well described. I think you could be on to something about the size - must admit, I haven't noticed them "shrinking" much as I've grown up but then I'm not very tall! I hope the recipe doesn't change, too - I really don't want to have to give these up at Easter . . .
  • littlepenguin published 02/03/2010
    Easter must be quite soon now! x
  • M.Newcastle published 02/03/2010
    well reviewed, I love these x