Cadbury Dairy Milk Puddles

Cadbury Dairy Milk Puddles

Review of "Cadbury Dairy Milk Puddles"

published 24/05/2015 | jjcross
Member since : 15/05/2010
PF rules.... Is somebody cutting costs? And food and drink has gone down the loo too ;-) Nice one Ciao
Satisfactory
Pro Texture, its everywhere at the moment... Much like the British rain puddle....
Cons Tastes dreadful.
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"A puddle straight from Cadbury's backside..."

I actually really like Cadbury Dairy milk and buy the Turkish version regularly. Today, after a frankly boring day at work I decided I needed some form of sugar rush and thus hoped over into Poundland (desperate chocolate times) in hope of finding the medium 120 gram bars of Cadbury Turkish delight... Sadly however it wasn't available (which is one of many reasons why I don't use Poundland often.) However I had heard about the new variety of Cadbury puddles... Which basically consist of chocolate with fillings inside and as every single supermarket seemed to push them in terms of adverts on the shop floor, I decided to buy one especially because I adore the Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Hazelnut praline chocolate bar making me assume that I would like this...

Packaging: As I think anyone living in England would know, a Cadbury bar is wrapped in a purple like wrapper making it all very simple really. I didn't however appreciate the fact I was 30 gram short of the equivalent 120 gram Turkish delight bar. This however I could forgive this should the bar itself taste any good...

Appearance: This being a reasonably new Cadbury product, I thought I would mention that the actual product shape in itself has changed... Even though it looks the same as other medium bars from Cadbury... The square chunks that I was used to has been changed to (Owl?) like eyes bombs over a smooth layer of chocolate, this clearly to make it lighter to save Cadbury's money and of course for the hazelnut filling which is actually very runny.

Smell: Sorry Cadbury's but this stuff smells pretty grim. Despite being wrapped in a reasonable thin layer of Cadbury chocolate, the hazelnut paste shines through and frankly smells WAY to sweet for my liking. Even the thin chocolate layer, not in contact with the paste itself, smells oversweetend.

Taste: I really didn't like the taste of this product, which is a shame as I usually love hazelnut chocolate bars... The Cadbury version, as the smell description might suggest is way too sweet for my liking and is incredibly sickly. The only way I can credit Cadbury is by the fact that the filling is indeed, rather like a puddle be it that it is indeed runny, making for an interesting texture combination between the chocolate and filling, which was the only thing I liked about this bar.

Value For Money: These bars from Cadbury can easily be found for around £1 in the supermarkets, such as Asda and Tesco. However though costing the same as the 120 gram bars you do get less of a product as mentioned. Considering I see this product as a massive sugar fix, though little else, I would say this product offer poor value for money, which is a shame as this product certainly has potential.

Verdict: I didn't enjoy this bar of chocolate and was very disappointed with the liquid, almost syrup sweet filling, as it was way too artificial and sweet for my liking and for the fact it works out more expensive than other, equivalent Cadbury bars, I wouldn't be buying it again.

Thank you for reading! (I know its been a while!)

• Chippytarka published 21/12/2015