Cadbury Dairy Milk Wafer

Cadbury Dairy Milk Wafer

Review of "Cadbury Dairy Milk Wafer"

published 22/01/2005 | Trevni
Member since : 13/07/2004
Pro Delicious dairy milk chocolate with a crunchy edge to it
Cons Increasing waistline :p
Smell
Product Quality

"I'll be heading the right wa-fer obesity!"

Part of the wrapper

Part of the wrapper

Stood in the newsagents waiting for the queue to go down, I fell into the trap that all sales planners in the world set for me, the confectionary counter by the till. They now you're likely to be stood next to it for ages, so they fill it with delicious sugary snacks! Genius! Making my selection, I plumped for something I hadn't had before, and was pleasantly suprised!

DAIRY MILK WAFER
**********************

WRAPPING
************

First impressions of the bar were pretty standard, there wasn't much originality to the package from Dairy Milk's usual efforts.
Foil wrapped for freshness, the top third of the wrapper is purple, as standard, with the cadbury logo in the top left corner. Below that, DAIRY MILK in purple capitals on a white background, with the one and a half glasses pouring into a cube of the chocolate itself. The only original look on this wrapper is the lower third. All red, this section is eye-catching and has WAFER written in a bold, striking type, with a yell "honeycombing" effect on it, designed to look like the wafer in question.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
************************

Upon opening the wrapper, I was meant with a pleasant waft of rich chocolate, just like a standard bar of dairy milk. There was no hint of the crunchy texture hidden by the chocolate, just the standard cadbury scent.
I noticed when carrying the bar that it was slightly chunkier than a standard bar, and had a much more "solid" feel to it, even though it was the size of a standard bar.

TASTE
*******

The big one. Thankfully, this addition to the cadbury's collection keeps up with its brethren, being a delightful snacking experience.
At first bite, you notice that this is something different to your regular dairy milk bar, its crunchy, but still maintains the usual dairy milk richness. Unlike some of the other dairy milk bars, the addition of wafer doesn't mean you have to compromise on the chocolate flavour. With caramel, for example, the chocolate and caramel flavours, whilst being a perfect compliment, partially nullify each other, whereas in the wafer bar, the wafer is merely an aside to provide a different texture, not to alter to taste.
A delicious chocolate bar with something a little different inside. A credit to the dairy milk line.

NUTRITIONAL INFO
**********************

The weight of the bar is not specified anywhere on the wrapping itself, but the 100g and per bar measurements are given, so from some simple maths I worked it out to be around 46g.

PER BAR -
Energy 985kj/235kcal
Protein - 3.5g
Carbs - 26.2g (about 57%)
Fat - 12.9 g (about 28%)

MAY CONTAIN NUT AND EGG TRACES

Overall I enjoyed this chocolate bar, and would definately pick it up again next time I'm stuck in the queue (damn marketing tactics!)

Thanks for reading

Dan

• Belle published 27/12/2007
    I don't think I've ever seen this actually! probably for the best, or I'd end up in a predicament similar to your title!
  • bengar published 16/06/2006
    likin the catchy title! good op
  • saraha007 published 14/08/2005
    I haven't tried this one. I shall have to now though as I love anything with chocolate. Great Review. Sarahx