Cadbury Hot Chocolate T-Disc

Cadbury Hot Chocolate T-Disc

Review of "Cadbury Hot Chocolate T-Disc"

published 13/01/2012 | kayleaf
Member since : 26/03/2009
Good
Pro Smells nice, easy to make
Cons Far too sickly sweet

"Super Sweet Chocy Treat"

Since gaining my Tassimo machine I've been trying all kinds of different beverages. One of these beverages is a Cadbury Hot Chocolate drink. It is available in most supermarkets and ranges in price. I purchased mine for around £4.40 which is very steep considering you only get eight drinks from it. As I am trying to loose weight I am taking advantage of having a hot chocolate in the evenings rather than a pudding or snacks. The calorie content probably isn't the best but I still thought I'd give it ago as I really love my Tassimo.

The Cadbury Hot Chocolate comes in a grey pack with two containers, there are the hot chocolate t-discs in one and milk t-discs in the other. They are easy to make you can choose to put the milk in first or the chocolate. I have found putting the milk in first gives it a nice, fluffy texture and mixes better. I don't usually feel the need to add sugar to hot chocolate and you really don't need it for this mix as it is really, really sweet. In fact it was far too sweet for us and probably won't be our first choice for hot chocolate again. It does mix with the milk very well and like all Tassimo's it is easy to make but it just not worth the price we paid. Actually it was quite a disappointment as whilst I do have a sweet tooth this was far too much for me and it wasn't a big hit with family members either.

There are other brands that do a much nicer hot chocolate and have the average 16 drinks in for a cheaper price. If you like really sweet hot chocolate then this is probably something you would enjoy. I have to say though it does produce a really nice smell when it's coming through the coffee machine which I thought lead me on thinking I'd have a nice rich hot chocolate but instead I found it tasted cheap and something you'd get out of a vending machine.

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 13/01/2012
    This doesn't sound particularly nice!