Cadbury Snack Sandwich

Cadbury Snack Sandwich

Chocolate Biscuits

Review of "Cadbury Snack Sandwich"

published 07/08/2003 | Benniash
Member since : 15/01/2003
Pro Consistently mixes chocolate with biscuit
Cons Only available in snack size
Smell
Product Quality

"Not all sandwiches are healthy"

When it comes to snacking I’m up there with the worst of them, so didn’t have to think twice when I saw a pack of Cadbury’s Snack Sandwiches for only 89 pence.

For anyone confused by the fact that sandwich and Cadbury’s appear in the same sentence I’ll put you right straight away. There’s certainly no bread in sight here, just Cadburys chocolate and biscuit filling to make a fine chocolate biscuit. Each pack comes in the usual Cadbury’s purple wrapper with the yellow ‘snack’ logo blazoned across it. Each biscuit is about 5cm by 2cm, the usual snack size that differentiates it from being a chocolate bar.

The sandwich part of the name comes from the way that the bar is layered. Two layers of biscuit sandwiches a layer of chocolate with the whole ‘sandwich’ covered with chocolate. What I like about the bar is the consistency. Firstly each layer is approximately the same width and with the chunky all over cover of chocolate it doesn’t make either more dominant than the other. The taste is lovely, rich Cadburys chocolate and crumbling biscuit makes a fine combination. This bar actually reminds me of the new Cadbury’s Dairy Milk with biscuit. I absolutely love that bar but the reason I prefer these biscuits is, as already mentioned, the consistency. On the bars you can go a couple of mouthfuls without any biscuit, and even when you find some it can be lost in the chocolate because of the amount there is compared to each other. I’ve always been a lover of Cadbury’s chocolate, mainly because its milky yet adapts well with other stuff, such as biscuit. And in this case it most definitely is biscuit, rather than the weak waffer type fillings you receive in so many other similar products these days.

The biscuits are ideal snacks, especially for lunch boxes, and would appeal to any fans of chocolate covered biscuit. The retail price varies from shop to shop but expect to pick them up for less than a pound for six snack size biscuits. I’m not sure why I haven’t heard of these before as it appears they have been around for a while but unlike the rest of the Cadbury’s range there has been no evidence of flashy marketing campaigns to create awareness. For those of you with a nut allergy I would steer clear as it ‘may’ contain nuts.

Overall I can’t get enough of these and having polished off all six bars in almost as quick a time as Ciao managed to put this product up I’ll definitely be purchasing them on my next shopping trip. The Cadbury’s Snack Sandwich is on par with the usual high standards of Cadbury products and I’m sure this won’t disappoint.

• melee679 published 20/02/2004
    no these ming... such a boring waste of good choc...
  • sarah110 published 22/09/2003
    I love these, but them for the kids packed lunches, but don't think they've made it that far. Sarah x
  • m.lyon published 01/09/2003
    I know it sounds funny, but believe me these are great for breakfast!! Great op. marc

offers "Cadbury Snack Sandwich"