Cadbury Snack Sandwich

Cadbury Snack Sandwich

Chocolate Biscuits

Review of "Cadbury Snack Sandwich"

published 18/05/2012 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro Taste Great, Great value
Cons Not widely avaliable, Can be sickly/sweet, Lots of sugar & fat!
Taste
Smell
Product Quality

"Yummy snack sandwich biscuits."

I was shopping in my local Iceland store when I decided to have a look at the sweets/treats. When I crave chocolate I tend to have a small biscuit rather than a whole chocolate bar. I love the Cadbury snack shortcake biscuits and saw these for just £1.00 so I thought I may as well try them. The biscuits are made by Cadbury and are milk chocolate sandwich biscuits. I haven't seen the biscuits before and they don't have new printed on them so I can only assume that they have been about for a while but aren't very popular. The biscuit has chocolate sandwiches between the biscuit and then the biscuit is covered in a coating of delicious Cadbury milk chocolate.

Each biscuit (22g), contains the following:
* Calories - 115 (5.8% RDA)
* Sugars - 10.2g (11.3% RDA)
* Fat - 6.2g (8.9% RDA)
* Saturates - 3.7g (18.5% RDA)
* Salt - 0.03g (0.5% RDA)

Contains: Milk, Cereals, Soya.
May contain nuts.

~ PRICE/AVALIABILITY ~
I purchased a 6 pack of biscuits from my local Iceland store which cost me £1.00. You can also buy these from Ocado for 99p. They aren't currently available to buy in Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda or Morrisons stores and I haven't seen them stocked anywhere else.

~ PACKAGING ~
The 6 biscuits come wrapped in a large plastic wrapper which is purple in colour and has Cadbury in the top left corner. In the middle of the packaging it says Snack is large white lettering and this stands out a lot. When you open the main wrapper, you will notice that all 6 biscuits are individually wrapped to keep their freshness and it also means they are perfect for putting in lunch boxes. The individual wrappers are the same as the main packaging and on the back of each biscuit it gives you nutritional information and a list of ingredients. The packaging does stand out quite well due to the bright purple coloured packaging that the product comes in.

~ THE SANDWICH SNACK BISCUIT ~
Appearance/Smell - When opening the wrapper which tears open easily, you can immediately smell the lovely Cadbury milk chocolate scent which immediately made my mouth water. It smelt delicious and very sweet. The bar is approximately 7.5cm in length and about 1cm thick. The bar is a long, rectangular shape and has a pattern on top of the bar with Cadbury written on the top in chocolate.

Taste Test - My teeth bite into the bar easily and bite of the end of it. As I chew the piece of biscuit, I can feel it crunching beneath my teeth. The biscuit is very crunchy. Inside the bar there is a milk chocolate centre which is sandwiched between the 2 biscuit layers before being covered in the milk chocolate. The more I chew the piece the Cadbury chocolate taste becomes stronger and tastes delicious with the biscuit. The chocolate which covers the biscuit isn't too thin and has a nice thickness to it but not too thick that it's too sickly. The biscuit does taste very sweet and very chocolatey as you get to the end of it.

The biscuit leaves a strong, sweet chocolatey taste in my mouth, and I can still taste the biscuit slightly which has stuck to my teeth a little. After eating the biscuit I felt very satisfied and definitely wouldn't be able to eat another due to how sweet the bar is. If I ate more than one of the biscuits I think this would leave me feeling very bloated and slightly sick.

~ OVERALL OPINION ~
The overall taste of the sandwich biscuit was delicious and very satisfying. For £1.00 I think the bars are very good value and are great for lunch boxes. Due to the high fat and sugar content I wouldn't eat more than one biscuit a day and would probably only eat about 2 a week. I would recommend the sandwich bars to other, especially if you like sweet things and often crave them when you are on the go or working. I would definitely buy these again, although it's a shame they aren't available to buy in many places. I give these yummy sandwich biscuits 4 out of 5 stars.

~ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ~

When comparing the nutritional information to a treat size bar (21g) of Cadbury Dairy Milk the sandwich biscuit has more calories and slightly less sugars and fat but not by a huge amount. In fact the difference between a treat size bar and the sandwich bar isn't much at all. How-ever the biscuit is less chocolatey which is good if you aren't a huge fan of chocolate but occasionally like something sweet to eat.

(review may also appear on dooyoo)

• pgn0 published 09/12/2012
    2 a week? I find a pack of six in 2 days is more like reality in my case. Nice review, I hope they don't decide to "improve" this yummy tidbit.
  • catsholiday published 18/05/2012
    Yummy!!
  • daddyumyum published 18/05/2012
    your review made me crave them!

offers "Cadbury Snack Sandwich"