Review of "Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate"

published 29/11/2015 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
Pro Nice taste and great price too.
Cons None.
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"A lovely drink for these cold nights."

A mug of drinking chocolate.

A mug of drinking chocolate.

When I was in Poundland the other day, I spotted Cadbury Drinking Chocolate on the shelf, so I decided to pick up a container of this. It's been a while since I've drunk this, and now the cold nights have set in, I thought drinking this would be the perfect way to warm myself up.
Price and Packaging

With this coming from Poundland, I obviously paid just £1 for a 175g tub. The plastic tub is the famous purple Cadbury colouring with the brand name in big gold lettering. On the other side of the tub you will find the ingredients, nutritional information, allergy advice and contact details. The purple lid is easy to remove and securely replace. This product also has the Fairtrade logo on it.
The Drinking Chocolate

On opening the lid, the powdered drinking chocolate is a fine powder and is is brown in colour. The aroma is quite a distinct chocolatey smell, and smells quite nice. It's not too strong and has quite a pleasant aroma to it. It says on the front of the container to swirl into hot milk. Making the drink is really easy and simple. I normally add 3 to 4 heaped teaspoons of the powered chocolate drink into a mug and add hot water. I do not find that sugar is needed as it tastes sweet enough as is. Once made, I do like the taste of this. It is a very warming and pleasant drink to have, and it doesn't taste overly sweet. The chocolate taste is really nice, and added with the hot milk, I particularly like the refreshing taste of this. I don't think the chocolate tastes false, and on cold nights like we're having now, this is the perfect drink to have. Cadbury's is a well known world wide brand and I always find they deliver high quality goods. There is no exception with this drink, and I love the taste of it.
Nutritional Information (per 18g serving with 200ml semi-skimmed milk)
  • Calories - 160kcal
  • Sugar - 22.1g
  • Fat - 4.4g
  • Saturates - 2.8g
  • Salt - 0.38g
Ingredients

Sugar, cocoa, salt, flavourings.
Allergy Advice

This may contain milk, soya and cereals.
My Thoughts

This is a nice drink. For a quid you can't really go wrong. It may be quite a small tub, but for me that's fine since I live on my own. I like the chocolate taste and I like how it doesn't taste too sweet. At this time of year, this is a lovely drink to have. Just as an afterthought, it is interesting looking on their website and reading about the history of Cadbury's and how the first Easter Eggs were made in 1975. www.cadbury.co.uk

• Mistybrook published 25/01/2016
    VH :)
  • hiker published 23/01/2016
    Haven't indulged in hot choc for years
  • GeorgieH1994 published 17/01/2016