Cadbury's Highlights Hot Chocolate

Cadbury's Highlights Hot Chocolate

Review of "Cadbury's Highlights Hot Chocolate"

published 02/06/2011 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Tasty, low calorie, helps to control sweet cravings!
Cons It's not real chocolate...
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"Delicious hot chocolate drink"

Anyone who has read a few of my reviews has probably gathered that I am something of a chocoholic. As you will probably appreciate my obsession does not do my waistline any good! Because of this anything that can help me avoid reaching for the chocolate bars is worth a try.

Cadbury's Highlights is a hot chocolate drink that contains 40 calories per cup. I believe it was brought out after the success of Options and the like. The packaging stands out on the shelf alongside the other chocolate drinks and alternatives such as Ovaltine. The jar is brown with a swirly pattern and little pictures of shoes, bikes, umbrellas - I'm not sure what the function of these is but they definitely make the jar look pretty! It shows that the drink is aimed at women in any case!

The instructions indicate to put three heaped teaspoonfuls of powder in a mug and add hot water, stirring well. I find that I occasionally get lumps, so I prefer to stir with a small whisk.

The drink tastes pretty good, it doesn't compare to real chocolate of course, and does taste slightly watery, but it is hot and comforting and actually quite tasty. Normally it is enough to cure my chocolate cravings - at least temporarily - that is when I remember that I have it! So many of my chocolate indulgences of the last few weeks could have been avoided if only I'd gone to get a cup of this instead!

I definitely recommend this drink - I will be buying it again to keep my chocolate cravings at bay. Okay so it doesn't compare to real chocolate, but it's pretty impressive for only 40 calories!

Cadbury's Highlights contains milk and soya, may contain traces of cereals (how, I have no idea) and contains a source of phenylalanine. The packaging does not explicitly state that the product is suitable for vegetarians, but there is nothing in the ingredients list that suggests it is not. For under £2 it's a cupboard essential - for me at least!

• killiefan published 02/06/2011
    Sounds good although i am not the biggest fan of hot chocolate.
  • mumsymary published 02/06/2011