Review of "CallNet"

published 12/07/2000 | iamdriver
Member since : 08/07/2000
Pro Totally Free 24 * 7 Internet Calls, and 30% off non internet calls
Cons Initial sign up problems if put spaces between STD code and rest of phone number
not rated

"24 by 7 totally free including Phone calls"

I originally saw the wonderful TV adverts for 4Unet which promised totally free internet access 24 hours per day 7 days per week, all via a free phone adapter box which connects to your phone line.

Well I also came across CallNet0800 which do a remarkably similar offer, if not the same. You pay £20 for the adaptor box, but then are given 4 £5 vouchers which can be used to deduct from the monthly bills. After initial problems with my registration due to the fact that I included a space between my STD code and the actual number, this was eventually sorted after one or two calls to their freephone number (even though there was a chargeable support number). I now have 24 by 7 free access to the internet via Callnet0800. I admit the connection reliability cannot be guaranteed, but it most certainly is usable, and I cannot complain of low value for money. One extra benefit of using CallNet0800 is any normal (non internet) calls made via the adaptor are 30% cheaper than BT.

I have heard of one other person who has had nothing like the kind of success with 4Unet, and has ended up asking for a refund.

Callnet0800 actually do provide the goods, well done. DOn;t everyone sign up at once though, cos I am sure they could be swamped maybe, and I will wish that I never wrote this.

not rated