Calmurid Pro Body Lipolotion

Review of "Calmurid Pro Body Lipolotion"

published 09/05/2016 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention” Thanks for all the reads, rates, appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved.
Pro Instantly absorbs and gives long lasting results
Cons Some ingredients MAY be unethical to use.

"~ Happy Feet & Legs & Elbows thanks to Calumrid Pro ~"

Camurid Pro Body Liplotion

A few weeks ago whilst checking the FPL (Free Postcode Lottery) website, I spotted an advert for a dry skin relief cream that needed testers. Suffering with relentless dry skin on one foot and both shins I signed up. Not knowing if I would be successful or not nor what to expect, a while later I received an email informing me that I was selected and that I would receive my sample soon.

Cammurid Pro is a range of products designed to target particular skin issues and the range comprises of a body lotion, hand cream, this dry or very dry treatment and very rich ointment.

Packaging:

The Lipolotion 200ml size is supplied in a cardboard outer with a minimalistic clinical styling. Mostly white the 16cm rectangular cardboard box features a fuchsia pink strip around the very top and a narrower version a third of the way up from the bottom. Other than that the front has the name of the product the manufacturers name and the by line “for dry to very dry sensitive skin” and the information that “The lotion forms a protective barrier and contains 4% urea which is a natural moisturiser which increases the water content of the skin”. The back mirrors the front and each side also mirror the other. The product ingredients can be found in large enough to read text on the base of the box. Remove the lotion from the box and it is a spherical shaped strong plastic container the design matching the outer and it has a clear easy screw on and off lid that acts as a seal to the contents which need to be gently coaxed out by a gentle squeeze whilst holding the container upside down through the small aperture. The information on the container is the same as that on the outer with the exception that it also contains the use within icon, which in this instance is 12 months. The container does not have the ingredients listed directly on it.

First Impressions:

By the time my lotion arrived, I was really looking forward to it and had stopped using products on my dry skin areas in readiness of giving this a thorough test drive without the advantages of any previous product to influence the results.

I was struck by the clinical looking box and as a lover of natural products whenever possible, did feel a slight pang, of what guilt? Anticipation? I’m not sure, but I eagerly skimmed the accompanying leaflet and opened the box to reveal the lotion container. Of course my first test was the sniff test and I was impressed that the fragrance was not overly chemically or too strong. Coaxing a little out onto my fingers the white cream is quite thin and will run.

Using the Lotion:

Squeezing a small blob of cream onto my fingers I am impressed at just how quickly and easily the lotion absorbs, there is no need to rub or smooth or spread the product, it seems to almost instantly absorb as I gently stroke it onto the area of dry skin. The slight stickiness soon disperses and I am left with skin that looks great, feels soft and has a slight healthy sheen.

The improvement on my dry areas was instant and impressive. I have been using it almost every day for a week now and intended to use it every day, but I know I have forgotten a couple of times. The treated skin looks and feels much healthier and I used it all over in place of body lotion as well to test it thoroughly. It is great for any dry skin areas and my elbows that often don’t absorb the products seemed to suck it up, so there is no frustrating rubbing and waiting with this lotion either. It is comfortable and even soothing to wear and I have had no sensitivity issues using it, even when I have used it on an area of skin that reacted badly to a nettle sting.

It is not a miracle worker, it cannot cure the hard skin on my feet, but it has gone a long way to benefiting the skin there and making it look and feel much, much better.

Fragrance:

This is not the type of product that you would buy for its fragrance however; I do think a poor fragrance would put people off a repeat purchase. This lotion does include perfume, citronellol, geraniol, courmarin and linalool all which are used in many natural products and all which add fragrance. In this product though they are barely detectible and even once I know they are there I cannot hand on heart say that I pick out the fragrances I know from cintronellol, geraniol and linalool. What is noticeable though once I am aware that it is there is the delicate cinnamon like fragrance of the courmarin and the fragrance can best be described as subtle, soft, powdery and delicate. There are hints of floral but not so much that I would call it a floral scent. The subtle softness of the fragrance is such that it would not be out of place in a baby product and the unisex fragrance ensures that the lotion is easily suitable for both male and female users.

Ingredients:

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Myristyl Lactate, Dimethicone, Methoxy PEG-22 / Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Sodium Lactate, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, PEG-2 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Castor oil, Lactic Acid, Parfum, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool

I have to admit that had I read the ingredients list prior to signing up, I would not have discovered this product. The main active ingredients are petrochemical based and the type of ingredient that I usually avoid these days. Benzyl Benzoate is used to treat severe skin conditions and has a horrid obnoxious smell that fortunately is completely and no doubt expertly masked in this lotion.

Whilst I do love natural and preferably organic ingredients in products, I am happy to concede that at times the ingredients more readily considered “chemical” are the best to treat a given problem. Anyway what is paraffin of not a natural product from the earth. I will concede to an element of brain washing as to what is considered natural and “good” and what is considered “chemical” or “unnatural” and “bad”. I think I for one am guilty of thinking of plant based as natural and everything else as not. That is not the case, just because I cannot grow it in my garden it does not mean that it is not natural or good.

As an occasional reader of Ethical Magazine I am aware that ingredients containing PEG should be avoided due to the possible unethical provenance of this type of product .

Generally, though the ingredients blended to create this lotion are long used traditional ingredients that are utilised here to create a very good dermatological science backed dry skin treatment.

What the Manufacturer States:

“Every skin tells a story...

Hard work, exposure to the elements, chemicals, moicroorganisms, psychological stress and the normal ageing process may cause symptoms of dryness and influence the skin barrier. Dry skin can lead to unwanted changes in its visual appearance including redness, dry white patches, flakes and cracks. The skin can also feel rough and uneven to the touch”

They go on to say that the range is developed in collaboration with dermatologists for daily care of dry and damaged skin and that it has been formulated with active ingredients such as Urea, medically proven to help hydrate and care for skin.

About The Manufacturer:

‘We strive to help shape the future of the science of dermatology, by building and sustaining a strong and long-lasting community, bringing together industry, academics, healthcare professionals and patients.’ (accessed May 2016).

Galderma have been working for over 30 years to provide innovative medical dermatological solutions and are a global dermatology company that employs more that 5,500 people. They do have a UK division.

On their website Galderma the manufacture of the Camurid Pro range state that they are globally committed to the future of dermatology. They have a vision to assist in the growth of responsible dermatology. They advise that they take pride in their mission to improve the well-being of millions of people every day. They say that the provide millions of people with effective dermatological solutions and they ensure that the medical community has access to the latest innovations.

Galderma also advise that they take social responsibility seriously with worldwide education initiatives and a long-standing commitment to working ethically.
There is not really any evidence to support these statements on the website although they are part of something called “Skinpact”.

Price & Availability:

Available from Boots, Amazon and Lloyds Pharmacy the 200ml size is currently on offer at £8.66 from Boots, £12.34 from Amazon and £12.99 form Lloyds. (Prices correct May 2016).

Conclusion & Stars:

I was sent this treatment lotion to try in return for giving a fair trial and honest consumer opinion. I am happy to advise that I am impressed with this product and that I am happy to give it a genuine seal of approval and my 5 star recommendation and yes, I will buy it to treat my dry skin.

Thanks for reading.

• spanielize published 18/06/2016
    great review & well done on the diamond x
  • xd-o-n-z-x published 14/05/2016