Calpol SixPlus Sugar Free Suspension Sachets

Calpol SixPlus Sugar Free Suspension Sachets

Children's Medicine - Liquid

Review of "Calpol SixPlus Sugar Free Suspension Sachets"

published 13/03/2012 | Rosebudwithredroses
Member since : 24/07/2005
Pro Individual sachets
Cons Slightly more expensive
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Capol SixPlus - Sugar Free Sachets - Calpol on the go go go ....."

=Calpol SixPlus Sugar Free Suspension Sachets =
I will say that this is a more expensive way of buying the Calpol in the individual sachets, but for occasions like going on holiday or a day out, then these are the best invention ever.

=Price and Availability=
The sachets come in a box of 12, and are priced around £4, this does depend on where you buy them from, they are available for all retailers.

=Aged 6 plus=
This medicine is designed for children aged 6 plus. This is a stronger version than the standard Calpol which is for age 2months +.

=What does it treat=
Calpol can be taken by children and adults The sachets are Strawberry flavour, and even though they are sugar free, they still have a sweet taste.

• Cold and flu
• Headache
• Toothache
• Earache
• Post-immunisation fever
• Sore throat

=Dosage=
It is important that you read the patient care leaflet, the information is also printed on the back of each sachet as well. The maximum dose is up to 4 times per day, and you are not to exceed the stated dose and if symptoms persist after 3 days, you do need to take medical advice. As will all medicines, if you are at all unsure speak to your pharmasist or your GP.

DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE

Children 6 - 12 years - One to two 5ml sachets

Adults and children over 12 years - Two to four 5ml sachets.

The leaflet also gives warnings about people who should not take this medicine. These incluse people with kidney or liver problems, intolerance to fructose or other sugars, or people taking certain medicines, including: metoclpramide or domperidone, which are used to treat nausea, colestryamine, which is used to treat high cholestorol, anticoagulants such as warfarin or anticonvulsants used to treat epilepsy. Adults using the product should not drink large amounts of alcohol. The product does not interfere with the contraceptive pill.

=To Use=
When you get a sachet out, you just need to massage the liquid in the sachet, to ensure an even mix, then rip off the corner, and it can either be poured onto a clean spoon or taken straight from the sachet.

=Would I recommend=
I would highly recommend this product, this is an absolute life saver, the convience of not having to carry a bottle around, I buy a box of sachets for when I go on holiday so that I can always carry a couple of sachets around with me, so that when my daughter needs one we can get a sachet out.

=My daughters verdict=
We had to use the sachets when we were on holiday last year, she had a temperature, although I think it was sun related, but we followed the instructions, and she said it was nice tasting, and asked was one sachet enough, coming from my daughter that is the biggest compliment ever.

A 10/10 product.

Admittadly, you are paying for the convience of buying the sachets, but for me these are a "one off purchase".