Review of "Calprofen Ibuprofen"

published 02/03/2012 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro Works quickly, tastes nice
Cons careful with dosage
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Helps a lot!"

Most people tend to give Calpol when their little one is feeling unwell but recently Calpol have brought out a new product- Calprofen which is an Ibuprofen based children's medicine. it can be used at the same time as Calpol too.

This comes in a bottle very similar to the Calpol one although it has a silver base to the image so when reaching for it out of the cupboard make sure you get the right one as the doses are different.

It is just like Calpol in that it is bright pink and smells very sweet indeed. It is meant to be used when your child is unwell so has a temperature or is in pain as it helps to reduce swelling and to bring down temperatures.

The safety cap is very good- sometimes it takes me several attempts to get it off so that leaves me assured that my grandchildren won't be able to do it which is very important as taking too much of this could have devastating effects.

It comes with a measuring spoon and very clear instructions as to what you can give your child, when and how often. Make sure you read it and don't just assume it's the same as Calpol as it is not.

Calprofen can have a side effect for people who suffer from asthma so it is always advised to speak to a doctor first before giving it. My granddaughter who has asthma has had this and been fine but do check.

My grandchildren like it, they like the taste and are not put off by it being 'medicine' at all.

I have given it only on a few occasions; when my granddaughter had a very high temperature. I found that this brought the temperature down much faster than Calpol so now when she has a temperature i tend to use this instead. It started to bring it down within just fifteen minutes of her taking it. This is fantastic as I hate to see the cihldren ill for any longer than necessary.

I definitiely recommend this to you but do be careful to check with a GP if your little one has asthma.

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 02/03/2012
    The taste of Calpol always takes me back to being ill as a child and getting to watch as much TV as I wanted!