Calvin Klein CK IN2U Her Eau de Toilette

Calvin Klein CK IN2U Her Eau de Toilette

Review of "Calvin Klein CK IN2U Her Eau de Toilette"

published 03/05/2008 | vinceyeung
Member since : 10/06/2007
Pro Was cheap, Smells Nice
Cons Not very versatile
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"What are U IN 2?"

Hi,

Today, I will share with you and review Calvin Klein IN2U For Him. I 'caught' on sale in The Perfume Shop a while back but only found and used it last week. It was a great bargain.

Calvin Klein, after being set up in 1968 by the man himself, entered the world of cosmetics in 1981 with Calvin (men) after producing some high-calibre clothing. But perhaps, most of you associate Calvin Klein with underwear... They say a lot of his fragrances are named after stages in his love life. E.g. Obsession, Eternity etc.

Calvin Klein IN2U was launched in March 2007, following the release of Calvin Klein Euphoria in September 2006. I am sure you have seen the advert for it somewhere, bus shelters and in department stores... It was brought to my attention in a website advert and I registered on the website to receive a free sample. Needless to say, I really liked it and hunted down a bargain for it.

The photo provided by Ciao shows quite accurately the design of the bottle. It is plain white with a very narrow neck with 'ck' on it. At the transparent bottom of the bottle, there is a sort of ridge (see my uploaded photo). The lid can be removed - rather like a cap to reveal your everyday normal and common atomiser. The bottle comes in your common cuboid box with 'ckin2u' written vertically in a marine blue colour on a silver background. It's not really fantastically exciting but the packaging does its job.

So... to the fragrance; this is from the official website:

"CKIN2U for Him penetrates with lime gin fizz and rushes into a combination of cool musks that radiate from top to bottom. This delicious journey reaches its climax with a warm vetiver finish. "

Notes (what the fragrance smells of):
Lime Gin Fizz
Pomelo leaves
Frosted Tangelo
Cocoa
Pimento (Cherry Peppers)
Shiso Leaves
Cool Musks
White Cedar
Ultra-Vetiver (A type of native Indian grass)

The fragrance is woody and oriental, but also, in a way, fresh. It's hard to explain why but as with all fragrances, you have to smell it yourself. It suits a cool, breezy day but I find that it doesn't react well with me in hot weather. It's not great in cold weather though - you can't smell it. I must also point out that I can't really smell cocoa in it - maybe it's a little concealed behind the other notes.

Unlike my other fragrances, such as Polo Blue (see my review), it's not your suitable for all occasions sort of fragrance. It's not really a nighty or work sort of fragrance. Instead, it's more of a playful, going out type. Maybe my nose has now been accustomed to strong scents, but I can't smell it on myself unless I put a lot on. It's not very over-powering but it lasts long on the skin. You can't really tell if it's long-lasting once you've got used to it the scent. I don't think I will buy it again when I've used it because i have so many others to be used (see my reviews). Considering the price I paid for it, it really was great value for the product.

Now, I shall put forward some of my findings on the products pricings. I was lucky enough to scramble a 50ml EDT and 150ml Shower Gel Gift Set after X'mas for a mere £11.99 from the Perfume Shop but now they've ended the offer. Prices below are for EDTs.

The Perfume Shop:

Boots:

50ml: £25.00
100ml: £33.00
15ml: £40.00

You should have a quick browse online too but bear shipping charges in mind.

www.cheapsmells.co.uk (Delivery - £0.95 per item):

50ml: £18.00
100ml: £25.54
150ml: £30.95

This is the cheapest one - I doubt you'd want to be paying more...
ALSO: HAVE A LOOK ON EBAY! You never know what bargains you can pick up there.

Good luck if you're going to buy it!

Thanks very much for reading and rating my review.

Vince

• brittle1906 published 03/05/2008
    Very good review, plenty of detail.
  • headcase44 published 03/05/2008
    Very good ,descriptive and interesting review. Thanks.J.

offers "Calvin Klein CK IN2U Her Eau de Toilette"

Product Information : Calvin Klein CK IN2U Her Eau de Toilette

Calvin Klein CK IN2U 50ml. Eau de Toilette Spray - Fresh, but warm; a tension that creates sexiness. Spontaneous - sexy - connected, Ck IN2U her is a fresh oriental, combining notes of pink grapefruit, sugar orchid and neon amber to create the ultimate sensory experience of fresh, warm and sexy.

Type of Perfume: Eau de Toilette

Manufacturer: Calvin Klein

Gender: for Women

Long Name: CK IN2U Her Eau de Toilette Spray

EAN: 0031655733050, 0031655880587, 0066471840064, 0066472840056, 0067793840053, 0067794840069, 0088300196845, 0088300196852, 0088300196869, 0088300196876, 0088300196920, 0088300197255, 0088300197354, 0689076219099, 3165141269277, 3165141269284, 5055257610330, 5055307431830, 5055375865568, 88300196814

Listed on Ciao since: 31/10/2007