Review of "Camelbak Classic"

published 21/06/2015 | amwhynot
Member since : 21/06/2015
Pro lightweight, affordable, comfortable, compact
Cons UV sensitive bladder
How does it compare to similar products?

"Great for running, hiking and biking!"

The Camelbak Classic is a great product for its price. I recently purchased this item for a trip to California where I took on a number of day hikes and trail runs. Over my travel, I wore it for probably 75 + miles.

It secured nicely and doesn't jump around too much while running. The material is light weight and doesn't pull down hard on my shoulders. I was comfortable wearing it for longer distances of >10 miles. It wasn't too bad in terms of breathability. Even in warmer temperatures, my back wasn't overheating because of this pack. I believe Camelbak offers a variety of bladder sizes, I would recommend selecting on that is appropriate for your individual needs.

The extra little straps and pocket is really handy for things like keys, little towers, sunscreen, etc. If you want to bring a larger day pack, I just put it overtop on my back.

Make sure you keep the bladder out of direct sunlight... the material is easily damaged by UV radiation. Cleaning the bladder can also be inconvenient so I heavily advice only storing water. The addition of Gatorade powder will leave a long lasting taste.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 02/01/2016