Camelbak Mule

Camelbak Mule

Review of "Camelbak Mule"

published 20/12/2000 | Eatcha
Member since : 13/12/2000
Satisfactory
Pro Looks good, designed well
Cons Bugs in ya back pack

"Bugs growing in my back pack!"

Bugs growing in my back pack.
by eatcha

I've been a fan of camel back for quite some time but my opinion of them is starting to DROP. My classic is top-notch. But I recently bought a rouge (i think its called that ) its yellow and has a partial skirt that tucks in round your waste.

Now considering my classic (small black case with one side thermally insulated and that’s it (nothing fancy)) went for 3 years Im a bit concerned that I've now got bugs growing in my back pack. I use children’s sterilizing tablets to remove nasties from my bladder I figured if its good enough for baby bottles it should be good enough for me.

If anyone one knows if you can put boiling water in a bladder I would be most interested? I've never dared try !

Anyway back to baby bottles. Problem is they always worked in my classic why not in my new bladder or thats what it seams like! I've got black stuff forming in my tubing and when I went to the doctor cos I kept coughing up yellow flem he said it was probably caused by me not cleaning the bladder properly (the doc's one of my friends and he rides regular with us).

I'll leave it at this but the moral to my tale is Watch out for bugs on our back, clean you bladder regular with sterilizing tablets or equivalent it doesn't take much time and you can leave it over night, this includes your mouth piece and tubing !!!! - which is what I forgot with my rouge (the classic was just pulled ALL out).

Lots of love Eatcha

I'm scoring this product low so someone gets the message to write in big letters clear directions on how and why to clean your bladder. The actual device is ***** (5 star) esp the new kink tube and removable insulation (in my aero back - road race backpack incase I got the wrong name for this one)

• neil4ster published 15/03/2003
    Eatcha Yes, you can put boiling water in it. Try combining it with a couple of teaspoons of bicarbonate powder. It freshens it up and gets rid of the bleach taste that some sterilising tablets leave. The hot water will expand the air inside the reservoir, so keep bleeding it by pinching the bite valve. Leave for a minute or two and then rinse out with cold water. I bought the extra long pipe cleaner and brush for mine and it works....at a price.

offers "Camelbak Mule"

Product Information : Camelbak Mule

Camelbak Mule Features: offering the ultimate combination of organsised and overflow storage with enough hydration for over 3 hours out on the trail, The hardcore mule features camelbak\'s latest dynamic suspension harness to maximise stability and comfort while riding. Featuring an easy access padded top pocket for a media player or headtorch battery pack, tear resisitant hypalon compression anchors and a splash guard to underline its go-anywhere style. Hydration capacity: 3.0l, Cargo capacity: 9.0l Colours available: Blue, Orange/Grey Black/Grey Coyote/Brown

Long Name: Mule, Mule NV 3 Litre Hydration Pack, Mule 3 Litre Hydration Pack 2008, Mule 3 Litre Hydration Pack

Type: Hydration, Hiking Backpack