Camelbak Mule

Camelbak Mule

Review of "Camelbak Mule"

published 09/12/2006 | MrsDB
Member since : 24/02/2006
Pro size of reservoir, pack size. comfort
Cons makes you need to pee lots!
How does it compare to similar products?

"I love it!"

I got a camelbak M.U.L.E. from hubby for going hillwalking locally (we live in aberdeenshire so fantastic hills round us) and needed something a little larger than just a hydration pack as I tend to take 2 dogs and all the bits and bobs they need (poop bags, dog treats, leads etc) as well as some waterproofs for me!

I suffer from asthma and find that regualr sipping on cool water helps avoid attacks, and means I use less of my inhalers, and can walk for further.

The straps are comfy, the pack is well made, and fits nicely. Hubby finds it comfy too, so its not just built for us ladies!

I find the reservoir easy to clean (I have the cleaning brushes for it, and use effervescene cleaning tablets too) and then tend to store it dry in the cupboard. I also tend to fill it the day before a walk, and freeze it until that evening, then leave out to thaw overnight so its refreshing and cool for the next walk.

I love the valve - so easy to use, and great that it doesn't leak with the on/off valve. Also doesn't make the water taste vile like some of the alternative hydration pack bladders can.

• sweetdaisy published 09/12/2006
    My partner is into mountain biking and Camelbaks are great - but they don't half stink when you put squash in them and forget to emply them !! xx
  • melodysparks published 09/12/2006
    Thanks for the read
  • LegendaryMrDude published 09/12/2006
    A Helpful reivew. Steradent tablets do a great job of cleaning Camelback bladders - and they're a lot cheaper than the "official" Camelback ones. Sam.

offers "Camelbak Mule"

Product Information : Camelbak Mule

Camelbak Mule Features: offering the ultimate combination of organsised and overflow storage with enough hydration for over 3 hours out on the trail, The hardcore mule features camelbak\'s latest dynamic suspension harness to maximise stability and comfort while riding. Featuring an easy access padded top pocket for a media player or headtorch battery pack, tear resisitant hypalon compression anchors and a splash guard to underline its go-anywhere style. Hydration capacity: 3.0l, Cargo capacity: 9.0l Colours available: Blue, Orange/Grey Black/Grey Coyote/Brown

Long Name: Mule, Mule NV 3 Litre Hydration Pack, Mule 3 Litre Hydration Pack 2008, Mule 3 Litre Hydration Pack

Type: Hydration, Hiking Backpack