Camelbak Mule

Camelbak Mule

Review of "Camelbak Mule"

published 24/08/2007 | alimason
Member since : 23/08/2007
I am up for anything and want to go everywhere. I regularly kayak, cycle, hike and camp so i am true outdoor person
Pro good capacity, no plastic flavour, rugged
Cons rather expensive, difficult to fill

"A no-fuss, water tank"

I bought my camelbak after completing a cycling trip, where i watched my friend drink endlessly all day long, whilst i emptied my bottle by mid-morning then went thirsty for the rest of the day. There is no doubt that i now drink far more than before, firstly because the camelbak has the capacity for me to do so and secondly because drinking is no longer a military operation in itself, it is easy to reach round and put that tube in my mouth. Befor my purchase i thought that the camebak would give a funny plastic taste to my water, but after using i was pleasantly suprized and in fact there is no flavouring. The system to withdraw water, where you have to bite the end of the tube to open the valve also impressed me as there were no leaks. The small amount of storage space is also useful as it is sufficient for any chocky bars, repair kits, plasters, etc but is small enough to deter you from putting any un-necessary items in it. I also found that the protective pouch (as well as 2 others) was particularly useful for fragile items such as phones, wallets or mp3s. One disadvantage i found was that it is rather awkward to fill and in terms of price it is not exactly cheap, if i remeber mine was almost £90.00. However overall it has been an excellent piece of kit on waling, cycling, skiing and kayaking expeditions.

offers "Camelbak Mule"

Product Information : Camelbak Mule

Camelbak Mule Features: offering the ultimate combination of organsised and overflow storage with enough hydration for over 3 hours out on the trail, The hardcore mule features camelbak\'s latest dynamic suspension harness to maximise stability and comfort while riding. Featuring an easy access padded top pocket for a media player or headtorch battery pack, tear resisitant hypalon compression anchors and a splash guard to underline its go-anywhere style. Hydration capacity: 3.0l, Cargo capacity: 9.0l Colours available: Blue, Orange/Grey Black/Grey Coyote/Brown

Long Name: Mule, Mule NV 3 Litre Hydration Pack, Mule 3 Litre Hydration Pack 2008, Mule 3 Litre Hydration Pack

Type: Hydration, Hiking Backpack