CameraBox.co.uk

Member since : 26/12/2009
Pro Good customer service
Cons Expensive p&p

"Camerabox.co.uk"

My first and only experience with camerabox.co.uk was in April 2009 when I ordered my first camera after finding it was the cheapest price on the web. The website was very well laid out and simple to use. Down the left hand side of the page the menus were sub divided between Digital SLRS, Digital Cameras, Lenses, Memory, Camcorders, Camera Cases, Batteries, Accessories and Clearance.

I was looking for a digital camera, preferably of Panasonic or Canon make. I was able to find this very easily as the digital camera menu was sub divided into different manufactures which made life easier! After clicking on either of the manufacturer's names, you are given a grid style list with all the cameras they sell in price order, which was very simple to use considering I was on a price budget.

After much deliberation, I chose the camera I wanted and set about ordering it. At first, I was somewhat reluctant to ordering as I had never had any experience with the company before or had known anybody who had either. I paid on credit card so my funds would be protected by my card issuer should I have a problem. The first point I wasn't to keen on was the £7.99 p&p charge they put on me. Although they were offering next day delivery, I though it was a bit steep, however, still being cheaper than anywhere else on the net, I continued to proceed.

I set up an account really easily and quickly. All I needed to do was to enter the essential information; my name, address, contact details and card details, none of this extra junkmail they try and pile on you. All I had to do now was press order and wait. Unfortunately, I had to wait 2 days as I missed the cut off time, however this worked out quite well for me.

I was at work the next day, in which time I missed 3 calls and had one voicemail message. It was a colleague from camerabox ringing to say I had entered some of my card details wrong and were ringing for me to amend them. I managed to ring back just before they closed and the gentleman on the other end of the phone was very helpful indeed. He explained what had happened and basically, I had entered the wrong number in somewhere and he just needed to change that to proceed with shipping the delivery. He was patient as I fetched my bank details and if I'm honest is probably the most professional customer service I had received. He thanked me for contacting him before telling me I would have my camera the next day.

The next day came, and the camera arrived before I was up; fantastic delivery. It made me feel better about the £7.99 I paid and somewhat justified it. I would highly recommend camerabox to other people, as in my opinion are the best online company I have ever dealt with!

Since placing and receiving the order, I have found out that camerabox have an instant messaging address, and the colleague on the other end will help you with any queries, give advice and opinions and will also send you links to help you out.

• averychristopher published 01/04/2011
    You metion your call from your colleague at camera box. It was obvious you were staff, before you said this, but that just confirmed it. Oh well how else will Camerabox get good reviews if they dont write their own?
  • lumosam published 11/03/2011
    One of the lucky ones! (or written by someone from company perhaps?!)
  • bwb1 published 02/01/2010
    You are very lucky, there are numerous reviews of them on many sites cataloging extreme bad service and some I have read allege fraud. One person is still waiting for a refund 6 months later. Reviewcentre has over 400 reviews of them, mostly bad, so I shall still advise people to avoid them at all costs, especially as they have still not reimbursed the double charge on my card. I am going to raise a dispute with my card company Monday and contact Trading Standards. I think they are rubbish and give internet traders a bad name.