The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
I recently wanted to buy some camera equipment for my daughter's birthday and investigated several sites looking for one that offered all the products we wanted at a competitive price. CameraBox came out of our search very well. Not only did it have what we wanted but made some great claims including:
- next day delivery if ordered before 4pm weekdays - guaranteed stock availability due to its unique "LiveStock" system - ability to track the order - friendly customer service staff available by phone or email (preferred)
Excited by my find, I duly ordered a Canon IXUS 200 digital camera (5 shown in stock) and a Sigma zoom lens (4 shown in stock) plus accessories and gift vouchers totalling some £450! I completed my order at 2.18pm on Thursday 4th February - so expected delivery while working from home on Friday 5th.........
This is what really happened:
- I got a call at 5pm on 4th Feb saying that stock would be shipped on 5th Feb for delivery on 8th? (So much for same day shipment!!)
- As I was not going to be home on Monday and had to arrange to be there, we agreed that they would hold stock until Monday 8th and ship for 9th delivery.
- So on Tuesday 9th Feb, I sat at home all day without a delivery and with no communication.
- When I called on 10th to ask why the goods hadn’t been delivered, I was told all items were out of stock but should be on a delivery to them that afternoon and be shipped straight to me. Strange given they had guranteed stock and were going to ship it the previous Friday! Equally strange was that I was put on hold and mistakenly picked up by another agent who thought I was someone else and went on to explain that their goods were out of stock as well!!!
- The goods still didn't arrive and I got told they were still out of stock on 11th – although the website (complete with the Live Stock system that differentiates CameraBox from its competitors) stated that there were still 5 Ixus200 and 4 Sigma lenses in stock.
- I finally received only the Ixus and the accessories on 15th Feb (10 days late!!) with no explanation about the Sigma lens – causing me to phone again – only to be told still out of stock but due on Wednesday 17th.
- So now its 18th Feb and I am still sitting here and still waiting for the goods I paid for over 2 weeks ago, looking at a website that still shows items in stock (the website still shows 5 units available). Oh, and still no communication from them.
- And to top it all, when I go into the website "Track Order" section, it shows that the goods were ordered and dispatched on 5th February!!!!
So - sure you can make your own minds up about whether to use them or not but - in my opinion - the LiveSTock system is a complete sham and should not be trusted. Equally, the claims of next day delivery are also grossly misleading from my experience.