webwillow 1

webwillow

Member since:07.04.2011

Avoid Camerabox.co.uk, digital-cameras.com and digitalfirst.co.uk

15.04.2011

Advantages:
Cheap prices

Disadvantages:
Poor communication, poor customer service, no refunds, dubious trading practices .

Recommendable No:

1 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother

Please don't just read my review, but check out others on here and also search the internet and on Facebook etc. I only wish I had prior to getting involved with this company.
This is a factual timeline of my experiences so far, I still haven't got all that I ordered, and I am resigned to the fact I will not get my other lens or see the cost of replacing this lens. But I hope in writing this review I can help others avoid losing money or having similar experiences.
24th February 2011
Order for a SONY NEX-3 Twin Lens Kit (16mm & 18-55mm) placed online and paid for.
Order acceptance email received.
Dispatch notice received.
25th February 2011
Shipping confirmation from CityLink.
28th February 2011
Item delivered by CityLink
10th March 2011
I returned from work on 10th March at 5.30 pm to find the kit had been opened by Camerabox and a lens removed from the box. There was a hand written note on the dispatch advice saying 18-55mm to follow.
11th March 2011
I rang Camerabox about the missing lens and was told it would be with me the next week, most likely Monday or Tuesday (14th / 15th March 2011) I explained I was not happy about this as the item was for my wife’s birthday on the 10th March but if that was the best they could offer then I would accept it.
17th March 2011
I sent 2 emails complaining about the level of service I was getting and requesting that as it was a birthday present I required it by Saturday 19th March, I also requested a reply to confirm this would happen. I got no reply, nor did I receive the lens.
24th March 2011
Called Camerabox again twice to chase the delivery and told they didn’t know when they would have stock, they normally get deliveries from Sony on a Friday and hopefully mine would be dispatched the following week. When I asked why they are still showing stocks of the kits on their ‘live stock’ system and why can they not do the same as already done with mine i.e. split a kit they said yes they can in which case it will definitely be with me the following week and I will receive a dispatch email from them letting me know.
28th March 2011
Rang to chase again and was told they would find out where it was and get back to me. No reply.
29th March 2011
I rang to speak with customer services supervisor and was told he wasn’t available but if I left a message they would get back to me. I explained the situation that I was expecting and needed delivery by the end of the week.
I received an answer message on my home phone stating it would be delivered to me by the end of the week. (still have the message)
31st March 2011
Rang to check on delivery and was told - it has been dispatched and you will receive it tomorrow (Friday 1st April) between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm.
4st April 2011
No delivery. Sent an email after seeing reviews of other people’s experiences on www.reviewcentre.com and a message on there requesting anybody with problems contact joyce@camerabox.co.uk for a resolution. I sent this email demanding something be done and outlining what I consider to be my options failing resolution of this. Those were, I would contact BBC Watchdog, Trading Standards and start legal action. Requested a response or resolution by close of business Monday 4th April. No reply at all from them.
Also rang requesting resolution and explaining the whole situation, was told they have kits in stock at another warehouse? Requested a lens be sent to me from that stock by the end of the week. Told they could not do that as the warehouse did not have the facility to send direct to me on next day. It would take 5 working days to get the lens to them and then on to me. I stated that if I could not have it by Monday 11th I will pursue it further. Jake in customer service agreed to get this to me. I also asked Jake to confirm by email by close of business that day the above conversation and delivery promise he had given me. No email received
5th April 2011
Received an email from joyce@camerabox.co.uk - Camerabox Public Relations Manager!! simply saying the order has been cancelled due to threats by me. No mention of a refund or what will happen to the money I paid them.
These ‘threats’ were my statements in the previous email outlining my options of writing to BBC Watchdog, Trading Standards and Legal Action for money lost. Also at the same time received an email from their customer service stating the order has been cancelled.
I replied to that email stating I would agree to the remaining item being cancelled if a refund was sent for the price of the lens, not the bundle price as it is impossible to get the individual lens for that price but the difference between the kit I ordered and the items I received. Which according to the prices on their website is £205.00
10 days later and I have had no reply to this, I am about to buy the lens from a reputable company and will start a court claim for recovery of my money.

Add the first comment!