Candy CFT610/2

Candy CFT610/2

Hoods - Standard Hood - 2 motors, 1 motor - Metal Filter - Width: 60

Review of "Candy CFT610/2"

published 25/07/2015 | BlurredLines
Member since : 22/06/2015
Orange at last, but a large jump in points needed to get any further!
Pro It has a nice compact design and freshens the air in my kitchen well
Cons It's louder than other cooker hoods
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"KITCHEN CANDY"

Our cooker hood is made by Candy and has been installed in our kitchen for over seven years, it's what I would class as a compact cooker hood as it has no chimney so is quite small on the wall. It sticks out to around 45cm so covers the air above my cooker enough to suck up the grease deposits and smells of cooking that can make the house stinky if I've cooked curry or even fried foods.

It was installed by the company we bought it from, I remember the day as the same set of workmen installed another appliance. The hood took about an hour to fit but it's hard to judge because of all the cups of tea the workman drunk, my husband said later he could have fitted it himself but was happier to allow the professionals to do it.

The hood has three speeds, all accessed using a slider on the right hand corner of the front. Next to that is another smaller slider to turn the light on and off and that's all you have to do to work the hood, the light and extractor work independently of each other so if I need to leave the hood running after cooking I do not need to waste electricity by leaving the light on. I don't see very much difference between the speeds of the hood except for the noise they make, I use level two most of all as I think that gives the best results in my kitchen for smell and grease deposit reduction but if I used either of the other speeds I'm sure the results would be the same.

There's one halogen light in the hood and that's bright enough to work by on the hob but doesn't throw enough light to illuminate the nearby work surfaces, that's not a disadvantage for me as I use the main kitchen light but some may find the narrow throw of light disappointing.

Our cooker hood vents externally so pipes the dirty air all the way out of the house, it can be set up to recirculate the air but we thought as we had the opportunity to have it ducted we would do that to keep the air as clean in the kitchen as possible. Having external ventilation also means we don't need to purchase the carbon filters that would be required if the hood was going to clean the air and recirculate it. The grease filters are washable and can be replaced if needed, we have had ours replaced once when a full service was undertaken of all our kitchen appliances and I noticed a difference when they were changed after using the originals for four years as the greasy smell that accompanies cooking some foods was reduced and removed almost instantly as it had when the cooker hood was newly fitted.

This cooker hood isn't too loud but it's not silent either, it's louder than hoods I've seen in other peoples kitchens and can be distracting at times if I'm in the kitchen while it's running for a longer than average period of time such as if I'm cooking my hob top curry as that can be smelled outside the house let alone throughout the kitchen quite strongly!

The Candy cooker hood is now available in white and silver but we have the black one, the only option when we bought ours. I like the basic and simple design and it has weathered well, the dark colour means it needs less cleaning than white and there are no stains or marks anywhere on the surface of the hood. The light fitting has discoloured slightly but that doesn't affect the strength of the light, the rest of the underside of the cooker hood is still as black as the top and hasn't been affected by the proximity of the heat from the hob.

The current price for this hood is £67, we paid £100 and think it has been one of our more sensible purchases as it's lasted so well and does such an important job in the house. The fact the same model is still for sale so many years later without being tinkered with tells me it's a good design and Candy have recognised this.

• snow_drops published 21/09/2016
    vh
  • Nar2 published 29/07/2015
    I would check your dates. According to Candy UK, this model only came out in 2013.
  • Secre published 27/07/2015