Canon EOS 30 V

Canon EOS 30 V

Analogue Cameras, Camera - SLR - 135mm - with Built-in Flash - with Red Eye Reduction

Review of "Canon EOS 30 V"

published 29/10/2005 | Bellboy05
Ease of Use
Reliability
Size

"Canon EOS30V DATE"

came upon this camera by accident. I was buying a spare camera for my wife who wants to take up photography. I was using a EOS1V. Then, I decide to shift to all manual. I am current using F3HP + FM3A.
On every weekend, I like to go plane spotting. It is difficult not to use auto-focus camera for this purpose. This camera then become my tool! It has logged more miles than my Nikon now. I am seriously wondering, with the good experience of this 300v, should I purhcase the new EOS30V. I forgot to mention, I hate digital camera.
300V has many good advantages. It is light and ergonomic to hold (I have big hand, even without the battery grip, I still told this camera well) The kit lens, though look cheap and ugly, is actually quite good for general photography. Canon did a good job at packaging this 30v and put a rather futuristic look on the body design. Even after all these years, I still think it looks good. Much better than the 'same mold' look of Nikon. I use this camera with the Tamron 200-400/5.6 Zoom. The other thing I like about the EOS30V is the ease of use. Every features are easy to access. One short fall, under extreme direct light condition, the metering may not give you the right exposure. You need to add some compensation. Lastly, the best advantage for 300V is its lightening fast autofocus speed.
I recommend this camera not just to begineers but all users. This camera represents my best ROI so far.
BTW, if you like manual stuff, go to Nikon. If you like autofocus, MUST go to Canon, Nikon is terrible. I have not figure out who is best for digital, looks like Canon has the lead.

• madcat002 published 11/03/2007
    Congratulations! good work
  • MrWeeble published 02/11/2005
    Hi good first review, a couple of comments, not much info on value for money, at over £300 it would be handly to know what features it gives to make it an advantage over a £150 or even a £50 compact camera. Also with the advantages/disadvantages, this is so they can be seen when looking at a list of reviews the basics of each review can be seen "see below" is not a great help in that scenario. from reading your review, might I suggest you edit this to say (click on the edit review link on the right hand side) Advantages "Great super-fast auto-focus" Disadvantages "Sometime wrong exposure under extreme direct light" otherwise great first review, welcome to ciao :D