Capitol Synergy Ball Pens

Capitol Synergy Ball Pens

Review of "Capitol Synergy Ball Pens"

published 02/08/2014 | alliewallie
Member since : 19/06/2013
You may see me on Dooyoo busily posting 400 reviews after my procrastination about the site made me leave it too late, I joined and two weeks later they closed down!!
Good
Pro They're very cheap to buy
Cons Scratchy nibs, low quality ink, the soft grip section spins around on the pen

"Not Capitol in my book!!"

This is the pack of blue pens, mine are a mix of blue, black and red

This is the pack of blue pens, mine are a mix of blue, black and red

I had to buy a pack of pens while I was out recently, I needed to write something down and couldn't find a shop that sold pens individually so had to buy a pack of 4 Capitol Synergy pens. They were supplied in a plastic wallet and in the pack were 2 blue pens, 1 black and 1 red with the pack costing £1.19 in a small garage forecourt.

CAPITOL SYNERGY BALL PENS

These are ballpoint pens that have a pull off lid, each pen has a soft grip section at the end and that is colour coded for the colour of the ink inside the pen. The lid has a small area of colour that relates to the ink too but it is easier to spot the colour of the grip if you are trying to find a certain colour quickly. All 4 pens are identical in use and only the colours are different, they all perform equally and all have the same negative point that I will explain more fully later on in the review.

WRITING WITH THE PENS

I think these pens are quite scratchy to write with and they wouldn't be a first choice for me, all pens had to be scribbled with for a few looped strokes before the ink would run through smoothly. The pens are comfortable to hold and do not make my hands sweaty or sore even if I'm writing for a long time, I don't use them to write anything that is important for work because I don't like how my handwriting looks when I use the Capitol pens and I have also noticed that the ink isn't solid in some places and that makes it look like I'm using a pen that is about to run out even though I'm not!!

When I am writing with these pens I always have to remove the lids and put them to one side because they are not a very tight fit to store on the end of the pens and wobble loosely as I'm writing, I'm sure you understand how much that annoys me when I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm writing and I've lost two lids already because of not being able to keep them attached to the pens while they're in use.

My writing doesn't look neat at all when I'm using the Capitol pens and that I put down to them having very low quality and scratchy nibs, and also having low quality ink inside them. All colours behave the same and I can't write neatly in any of them, the black ink definitely makes my writing look the worst and that's surprising because I have always considered my writing to look best in black. I was doodling while I was on hold on the phone yesterday using the red Capitol ballpoint pen and felt the nib scratching on the paper sometimes, it felt very metallic and was only when I angled my pen a certain way. I didn't think the feeling was very pleasant and I even checked to see that the nib hadn't ripped the paper as it felt like a sharp scratching, that alone tells me that these pens aren't great quality but when I think of the low price I realise I can't expect Parker quality!!

SOMETHING VERY ANNOYING ABOUT THESE PENS

The soft grip section on three of my Capitol Synergy pens is not attached very well to the pen itself, it's not attached at all I don't think because it spins around as I'm handling the pen and that doesn't help my writing to look any neater!! It annoys me so much that if I notice it (I don't always notice) I have to put the pen down straightaway and get another one because I know I won't be able to concentrate on writing, it's a horrible feeling and makes it feel like the pen is going to slip out of my hand sometimes. It doesn't make using the pen more comfortable like these grip areas are supposed to and just makes me annoyed instead!!

RECOMMENDED?

I would only recommend these pens if like me you are in a situation where you need a pen and these are the only ones available. Since I bought them I've seen them in other garage shops and this seems to be a brand that is stocked alongside other cheap Capitol stationery, I wouldn't choose to buy them again because I have better quality pens anyway and if I didn't then I would rather pay more and get a pen that is nicer to use than these Capitol pens.

• sirodar published 07/01/2015