Capitol Synergy Ball Pens

Review of "Capitol Synergy Ball Pens"

published 01/03/2015 | vincebrownjr
Member since : 01/03/2015
Good
Pro Very low price point. Reasonable construction.
Cons Ink consistency, rubber grip tends to slide after heavy use

"Capitol Synergy...nearly!"

Capitol Synergy Ball Pens

I have been using these Capitol Synergy pens for nearly a year, mainly because they're cheap, and used for note taking.

I use these pens on a daily basis, finding them to be 'ok', but I was surprised when my manager had borrowed one, and said that she really liked it!
I noticed that her handwriting is exceptionally neat, and even her rough notes look virtually like modern calligraphy! She attributes her handwriting's legibility to the construction of the Capitol Synergy pen, and the way it feels in her hand when she's writing.

In my opinion, the pens do what you need them to. They're cheap and won't break the bank to replace.
The consistency of the ink can vary. I'm not sure if this is to do with ambient temperature, or other factors, but it can lead to the pens leaking tiny amounts of ink during heavy use (which can make your writing look like you're joining words in a sentence together).
My gripe with these pens is the rubber grip. To begin with, they're fine, but after a while, the grip tends to slide down the pen as you write. Usually this leads to the grip splitting, and for me, at that point, I will tend to discard the pen.
I write predominantly on those yellow sticky notes, and in A4 sized note pads. one pen will usually last about 4 - 6 weeks for me.

The pens themselves are made from transparent plastic. The pens rubber grip, and screw end, are the colour of the ink inside. I've purchased these usually as a pack of 4, containing 2 back pens, 1 blue, and 1 red pen. Occasionally the shop I purchase the pens from will sell them individually for around 50p each.

The pros:
Cheap to buy
Reasonable construction

The cons:
Ink consistency is not always good
Rubber grip tends to slide after heavy usage, and occasionally will tear.

• eve6kicksass published 02/03/2015

Type: Pen

Genre: Ball Pen

Manufacturer: Capitol

Listed on Ciao since: 13/07/2014

Capitol Synergy Ball Pens - Review - Capitol Synergy...nearly!
Home > Office Equipment > Office Stationery > Capitol Synergy Ball Pens > Reviews

vincebrow... 3

vincebrownjr

Member since:01.03.2015

Capitol Synergy...nearly!

01.03.2015

Advantages:
Very low price point .  Reasonable construction .

Disadvantages:
Ink consistency, rubber grip tends to slide after heavy use

13 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings

Cheap to buy
Reasonable construction

The cons:
Ink consistency is not always good
Rubber grip tends to slide after heavy usage, and occasionally will tear.
Pictures of Capitol Synergy Ball Pens
Capitol Synergy Ball Pens Capitol Synergy Ball Pens

« Previous review

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

eve6kicksass 02.03.2015 07:06