Car Giant Car Supermarket

Car Giant Car Supermarket

Over 4,000 cars in stock

Review of "Car Giant Car Supermarket"

published 20/05/2009 | ced123
Member since : 20/05/2009
Pro none
Cons service, no test drive, NO WARRANTY, quality of goods
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Avoid Cargiant like the plague!!!"

I have never experienced such terrible service!

Attracted by seemingly reasonable prices I travelled 4.5 hours to buy one of the two cars that I had already reserved for a test drive the following morning.

I was a single lady on my own and have never experienced such awful service - I was reduced to tears within half an hour of trying to deal with car giant staff!
I was told I would not be driving both cars as they were too similar - pick one and they would take me out when there was someone available. The test drive was 3 minutes to the end of the road, couldn't even get it out of 3rd gear. Feeling very uncomfortable with the member of staff I was with who would not talk to me, would not give me any technical spec as this was 'not the kind of place cargiant was' I managed to get to speak to someone slightly nicer but still wanted to know 'are you going to but the car or not?' Definitely no one was in a hurry to help me.

The slightly cheaper than normal prices attracted me - but you pay for this - most of the cars are flawed on the outside and I saw three in half an hour that would not start!

If you think by going to a car supermarket you will be getting great service and someone that can help - forget cargiant! I was expecting great things - being the largest!

It is interesting that the only person who has a positive review of this establishment was someone that was relieved of a lot of extra money for a 'warranty'!

Anyway, this speaks volumes - golden rule - never buy a car that you haven't driven!!!
Please, ladies in particular do not consider cargiant there are plenty of other places that can help! Fords of Winsford was same prices but with a lovely site, extra helpful staff and cars that didn't look like they had done ten round with Mike Tyson! Most carigiant cars are ex-lease/rental with many previous owners.

Never buy a used car without a guarantee - 3 months is industry standard - cargiant should be offering this!

This review was read 2035 times and was rated at