CardCops.com

Security & Encryption

Review of "CardCops.com"

published 20/10/2002 | djohan
Member since : 01/08/2001
Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes. Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 11-07-05
Pro Educate consumers to make transactions online securely
Cons Not found, yet.

"How to hack a credit card"

I have got a master card from my national bank in Indonesia. I intend to use the card for online-shopping as my main purpose. I have heard and read a lot of crimes on internet, especially carding-crime. I am afraid that while I am having a transaction online, someone steals my card number and my identity, and then he or she can use my card to make transactions online without my knowing.

Why should I afraid of the crime? It is simple. I know their way to succeed in their carding-operation. Here is the illustration of their smooth way. After getting a valid card number, they make transaction online. In this case, the hacker gives a false mailing-address as the delivery address to the merchant. After doing the transaction, certainly he knows the courier service and knows when his orders arrive. In this case, the courier-service cannot find the address to deliver the goods (orders), and by this chance the hacker goes to the courier-service office – and tells them that he wants to check if his orders have arrived by giving them some detailed information about his orders and the merchant (including the false address). Certainly it makes the courier-service believe him and deliver the goods. Congratulations! He succeeds!

Based on the description above, I think it is hard for policemen to trace or arrest the hacker because they do not know the real address of the hacker though the owners of the hacked-cards report the abuse / fraud for times.

There are many kinds of security utilities found nowadays to protect our privacy on our personal computers. But we must remember that hackers never stop finding the holes on the security systems. Based on the facts, I think we should learn how to protect our selves. And now I would like to share this resource with you – http://www.cardcops.com – a place might be useful for people who love making transactions online.

This site seems simple and easy to navigate. There are many useful informations that we could learn from its contents. One outstanding feature, and the most important one, We could also check if our cards have been hacked. It helps much as an early prevention. Who know you cards’ informations have been distributed and used widely?

Well, actually this paragraph is an update. I saw some comments from friends if CardCops is a scam. It is normal to be worried. If we let them know our credit cards' numbers, they might use our numbers as the boomerang? I think we do not have to be too worried, because I have checked the credibility of this service from CardCops, such as from TechTV (an internet and TV in USA; you can follow the following link - http://www.techtv.com/news/security/story/0,24195,3390850,00.html). How is about the recommendation from MNSBC? You can also to ensure your selves that CardCops is not a scam. Please feel free to follow the following link: http://www.cardcops.com/CC_OLD/msnbc5.htm .

Hurry up to visit this site and use the service! It is a free service. If you want to check your credit card, just fill in your credit card number and they do not require any other personal details.

Learn from the experts about the tips to make transactions online securely. If you are interested in, you could also have them sent you consumer newsletter regularly.

Overall, I wish this brief information might be useful for you. Thank you.

• woodnymph published 01/11/2002
    Mmmm, another great op. Very interesting!! Niki. xx
  • the_mad_cabbie published 22/10/2002
    Excellent opinion, my friend...I'll certainly have a look at this site...Ken :O)
  • ucup33 published 21/10/2002