Card Factory

Card Factory

Review of "Card Factory"

published 14/12/2009 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Great products at low prices
Cons Long queues and some products a little tacky
Range of products
Speed of delivery

"Card Factory"

Card buying can be an expensive thing, especially at this time of year and as much as I love the quality of the cards in stores such as Clintons, with my large family I just cannot afford to buy all my family cards from stores such as these at Christmas. So I was pretty impressed with Card Factory opened up a store in my local town recently. For me this store offers good quality products, but at really cost effective prices.

Obviously their main market is the card market. They offer cards for all occasions including birthdays, anniversaries, moving, sorry, thank you and general cards too. Their cards are priced at 59p for a small card, 89p for a medium card and 99p for a large card, which for me is excellent value for money. They do extra large cards which do cost a bit more and they also do a couple of cards in each range for just 29p a card, what a bargain! Again though, unlike other shops even the 29p cards don't have a really cheap look to them.

They also do accessories such as wrapping paper and tags, christening gifts, pens, money boxes, photo frames, banners, balloons and little personalised gifts for moms and grandmas etc.

I really like their range of christening and wedding gifts. These mostly consist of a range of photo frames as well as keep-sake silver gifts such as scrolls and money boxes. The photo frames are really stylish and of a good quality and I regularly buy items from this section when the occasion arises.

The only gripe I have with Card Factory is the queues. I have never once been in the shop without having to queue for long periods of time and I have found that the staff in Card Factory are not generally as helpful or pleasant as those in places such as Clintons cards. However, this may just be my local store and not a general problem with Card Factory. Although I hate the queues it does prove just how popular this store is. Also I would make sure if you buy a card from here check the envelope fits it as I have regularly come away with an ill-fitting envelope because they have put the wrong envelope behind the cards!

As well as specific cards for specific occasions they do a range of general cards which are regularly on offer where you can buy 10 for £1.00! I regularly buy these and they do around 10 different designs for both men and women (though these are generally not suitable for children) and again they are nice looking cards.

Card Factory do have a website address which is WWW.CARDFACTORY.COM, however this isn't a website where you can buy their cards from, its just there for general information such as their latest news, employment news and you can also find details of your local store on here by entering your postcode. It doesn't actually give much in the way of detail about the products on offer in their stores.

All in all I am a real fan of this store and regularly use it, especially at this time of year where I have to buy a large assortment of Christmas cards. Their range of cards is cheap, extensive and of a pretty good quality. You can always find what you need here and they do some lovely litttle gifts too. The store is always packed and the aisles aren't too wide so if you aren't a fan of crowds then you may want to avoid the store at this time of year.

A highly recommended store and my first choice when buying cards of any occasions now.

• justarube published 10/10/2016
    VH x
  • GemHill published 27/12/2009
    I WORK at Card Factory and everything Bexx has said is exactly right!! By the way; I have had all sorts of jobs and for some unexplainable reason so far Card Factory rates as one of my favourite!! I Love helping customers buy cards there and tryin to get ques down as much as is poss!! It is an equal experience to Bexx, the customer who shops as it is for I, a Card factory Temporary Christmas Employee! Cheers Guys
  • karimkha published 17/12/2009