lorriella... 4

lorriellah

About me: Thanks for all the rates and comments :)

Member since:10.06.2009

Why pay more for something that gets thrown away?!

23.09.2010

Advantages:
great range, good quality

Disadvantages:
layout not great

33 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Alyson29
  2. KathEv
  3. paulpry118

I do like to spend time chosing nice cards for special occasions and it does make my heart sink when in a shop such as Clinton's and I find the perfect card but then realise the price of it. I can never understand how a card that isn't handmade can cost over £3, it doesn't sound like a lot but I'm sure you all agree that if you have to buy several then it soon adds up and it's a shame when usually the card ends up being thrown away anyway.

In the shop Card Factory the cards are all at a very decent price so that when you do go through them all and find that perfect one you won't feel your heart sink as you see the price of them.

The store is usually laid out in quite narrow aisles and not usually in a very large shop which means that you do find yourself having to squeeze past people with pushchairs and often the queue for the till can get in your way of browsing. It isn't the best of stores in terms of how well laid out it is but I guess this is why they can afford to sell the cards so cheap.

As well as cards this shop also sells various gifts such as teddies, christening gifts, mugs and things. They never really look great quality and I think it's quite obvious that they are cheap but I like the fact that if you are shopping on a budget you can at least afford something in here!

You can also buy present bags, wrapping paper and tags too at very reasonable prices especially compared to other card shops!

In terms of cards you have great choice. Recently I bought 7 cards for £1 which sounds like a complete bargain and it really was as the cards were all excellent quality, they weren't thin bits of card instead they were good quality so that they still stood up well and you would never guess they were so cheap. The choice of these cards were great too from blank cards to thank you cards, birthday cards and thinking of you ones I would say there was about 30 different designs to choose from.

They have other deals too such as 5 cards for £1 and such like which can be really useful. I find that I buy these in bulk and keep stocked up whenever i visit here. I wouldn't buy them if they were poor quality though as I wouldn't want people to think I was being so cheap but these cards are good quality so it's okay!

The various sections of cards include birthday, various special birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions such as Mother's Day, thank you cards, good luck cards and many more. The cards start from around 29p and onwards. The humour cards are in a section on their own and look just like the kinds you would get from Clinton's but these only cost 99p compared to about £2.99!

What I like about this shop is that you can get a real good bargain without losing out on quality. There is also great choice too making it possible for you to find a card or gift for most occasions.

The only thing I'd like to change really would be the way it is laid out, it is pretty cramped and so not the best shopping experience and so I've only given this store 4 out of 5 stars.

Alyson29 28.12.2010 14:05

I always buy my cards from here. Why pay more? x

paulpry118 25.09.2010 18:32

They certainly sell bargains

kirstysian 24.09.2010 11:41

card factory is amazing value, can't see how they make any money though its so cheap. well reviewed x