Card Factory

Card Factory

Review of "Card Factory"

published 28/02/2012 | dynamicnurse
Member since : 30/07/2007
Pro Excellent service; plenty to choose from.
Cons Small shop.
Range of products
Speed of delivery

"Not a Factory, but a decent Card!"

Having gone in to my local branch of the Card Factory today, I would just like to share my own thoughts on the shop. However I must just point out that this review is not solely based on my visit today, as I do actually in fact get the majority if not all of my cards in this shop.

Granted the Plymouth shop may well be slightly smaller than other shops, but the range of goods that they sell is so huge that it all seems to be crammed in - but as I said, the Plymouth shop is not that big in terms of floor size and so everything seems to be closer or more on top of you than I am sure other similar shops would be!

Although as the name would suggest this particular shop sells cards, it does in fact sell a lot more than this. There are items for sale all year round that include birthdays; anniversaries; weddings, and engagements - as well as cards, there may well be other such things as banners; mugs; vases; photo frames or albums, and so on.

Alongside this are things that are more seasonal, such as Easter and Christmas gifts; mothers' and fathers' day; saints days; hallowe'en, and so on - in fact, pretty much any celebration that we in this country celebrate they will have something for sale in order to help you to celebrate it. This even goes down to wrapping paper and tags, and even the sellotape that you would need in order to put it together with!

This shop is very cheap compared to other shops of a similar standing, for example I bought a card today that only cost me 79 pence that would cost at least £1 more elsewhere. Many of their cards range from about 29 pence for your normal sized card, and would go up to a couple of pounds (at the very most) for a larger one. I cannot really comment on the prices of other such goods, as I have not bought anything else here.

The till area is very easy to use, and they have in most instances more than one member of staff serving (as well as at least one member of staff actually out on the floor who is able to help you with any issues that you may have). Although they serve you pretty quick, you still come away feeling as though you have been valued as a really important customer to them/

Apart from the size of the store, I don't really have but praise for them as they in my mind provide quality goods; it is in quite a central location and so it is very easily accessible, and the staff are extremely helpful - so much so, that nothing would appear to be of too much trouble for you.

All in all, this is a very pleasant shop to go in to - and so what are you waiting for?

Thanks for reading!

• inkyscribbles published 06/07/2012
    Their packs of gift boxes for 99p are amazing as well!
  • garymarsh86 published 28/02/2012
    Certainly much cheaper than Clintons! Excellent value bearing in mind they end up in a bin a couple of days later!
  • catsholiday published 28/02/2012
    I can't understand why all towns have about four different card shops - surely we can't all send THAT many cards.

Product Information : Card Factory