sjl02 5

sjl02

Member since:22.10.2000

CPP - get rid of the risk

25.02.2002

Advantages:
Indemnity cover, One stop card stopping, Cover other personal possessions

Disadvantages:
None whatsoever

8 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Daveoc64
  2. Andy0
  3. Ooky
  1. daveberry3

CPP - Card Protection Plan
www.cpp.co.uk

CPP, as the name suggests, are a credit card theft / loss insurer. If you have a credit or debit card, you will have seen their or Sentinels Card services advertised through whichever bank / lender you have a card.

Please take my advice, sign up for CPP or Sentinel at the earliest opportunity, I'll explain why.

For £12 a year, or £30 for 3 years, they cover your financial backside.

You have to register your cards through the phone, or if you want the web. This process doesn't take too long. On the 3 times I've phoned them, I've got straight through with no queueing, a good sign.

2 weeks ago, my wallet was stolen in a burglary and they took my wallet which included 7 cards, some debit, some credit. After discovering the burglary and phoning the police, they were my next stop.

Within about 20 minutes (i checked up on some of the card companies) all the cards had been stopped.

Within a week, I had all my cards again (this though was the responsibility of the card companies and not CPP.)

What was also good to know is that apparently, some card companies will charge you for the first £50 of fraud that occurs, I don't know which, but CPP cover you for up to 20 cards, i.e. £1000 in total. After that, the card companies are reponsible for collecting fraud debt.

I had also just received a new credit card which I hadn't yet registered with them, which they cancelled for me, again excellent service.

When on the phone to report the loss, the Customer Service Person was very calm, whilst I, naturally was still in shock. This was at 8 a.m on a Sunday morning by the way. Their phoneline is manned 24 hours / 7 days a week and can be called for free from abroad, or they'll accept reverse charges.

Another feature of the policy is that it's not just cards you can register, but also passports, driving licences and other important documents. CPP also cover you for emergency cash abroad (up to £1500 per person, 4 weeks to repay it) and travel tickets and hotel bills. You can also register membership cards if they are vitally important.

Also, if you move house, they'll tell all your credit card / bank companies.

There are lots of other small things that they cover which I won't go into too much. I can not stress the importance and excellence of this service. Sentinel offer a similar service so it's your choice.

I can safely say that had it not been for CPP, I'd have spent a good 30mins - 1 hour cancelling all my cards, when with them it took 5 minutes.

All in all, an excellent service with excellent customer service. The rating tags below don't really answer the services offered, however I think you can tell that I'm very impressed by them.

Take care & look into such a service

S

vickigroth 24.02.2008 00:34

I'm thinking of using them after Credit card sentinel messed me around. Good review.

Andy0 04.05.2003 13:28

Great op. Its a shame halifax wont deal with em, so I have had to sort out change of address seperately.

Ooky 30.08.2002 02:00

Thanks for the info. I recently purchased this plan and have not needed to use it yet, but it is nice to know it is worthwhile should I need to. Jenna