KELLYLOUJ 5

KELLYLOUJ

About me: Have worked in the Travel Industry for over 10 years, now a stay at home mum looking after my hardworking hubby and son.

Member since:21.07.2005

My lovely Shag....pile

18.02.2007 (07.03.2007)

Advantages:
 Great selection, year round offers, minimal waiting time

Disadvantages:
None

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. BadCompany2007
  2. gayna1979
  3. kgray71

Yes, I know bit of a lame title but I cannot think of anything better than that...

The store that I will be reviewing will be our local store based on Sealand Road in Chester. For those of you not familiar with this area it is a small retail park approximately 15 minutes walk from Chester City Centre and contains many of the poular stores such as Currys, Hobbycraft, TK Maxx, Dunelm Mills, Rosebys, DFS etc

After 6 months of redecorating our home the lounge was our final project, wanting to opt for a neutral scheme we decided to go for a fairly substantial carpet having a living room with the stairs leading to upstairs it was going to take a bit of wear and tear.

*~*Why did we choose Carpet Right*~*

My parents had always used our local branch of carpet right when I lived at home and they had always had no complaints and were happy with the service so when I moved into my first house I knew Carpet Right would be the company to opt for.
We had used Carpet Right for our bedroom carpet but had opted for a fairly low cost floor covering as the majority of the room was covered with furniture there would actually be very little wear to the carpet and they were offering the best prices, in fact at this time we didn't even look elsewhere we just went directly with them.
As the lounge would be a big job as the living room was open plan and we needed to include the stairs and landing we decided we would shop around for the best option.
Allied Carpets was right next door and was offering 50% off plus a further 20% of selected carpets and free fitting great, that was until we got inside, many if the carpets were more expensive and the free fitting was on selected carpets when you purchased the underlay and gripper rods also. We didn't need these so in the long run would be paying more that we needed to.
I suggested that we paid a visit to Carpet right instead as they also had a special offer on for 60% off selected carpets.
In the long run they also turned out to be a lot cheaper for a better carpet!!

The store is next to Alan Ward/Roseby as they share the same entrance. As you enter the store the order to size carpets are displayed and to the rear of the store are the off the roll carpets and lino.
Various desks are dotted among the displays to allow the sales consultants to assist you, as soon as we entered the store we spotted a carpet that we were happy with, however I was a little unsure of its suitability, and wandered off. My other half managed to grab a sales consultant as considering it was the week after Christmas the store was absolutely jam packed, I in the mean time had found a better quality carpet for a little bit more but we decided to get both priced up.
We had an idea as to what they would each cost and I had one final look around to see if there was any others that I would preferred.
The carpet had 60% off which was a real saving and also came with a longer guarantee and was much softer compared to the cheaper alternative we had checked.

The Sales Consultant showed us over to a desk and Mark took out his map of our home along with the dimensions he had written on, neither of us had no idea what size would be needed and we at least wanted to ensure that we had an idea as to how much we would be paying before we committed to a deposit.
The Salesman looked pretty impressed and was able to gauge how much carpet we would need and provided the figure, we were certainly happy with the amount that we would have to pay and set about paying the £200 deposit.
The Sales Consultant actually lived on the same road as us and certainly made full use of the Customer Service skills that lacks in so many companies nowadays.
As we were having our stairs covered it is a requirement that their fitters come out to measure, this is a complimentary service and you can choose weekedays or weekends so there really is something available to fit around your work patterns. Ideal.

We paid the deposit with a debit card as there would be a charge for credit cards which we didnt want to have to pay and received our receipt. We would be advised by the fitter if there would be any additonal cost once he had completed the measurements and the balance would then be payable.

The fitter came out to measure on the following Friday and arrived promptly and within 15 minutes had measure the room and checked our original estimate, there was not added cost to the carpet so we went ahead. The balance was payable at this stage however we asked if we could pay on the Monday as I was due to be paid, they were fine with this and advised that they would still place the carpet on order for us we were advised that this could take a few weeks.

Monday came and I called the store to arrange the balance to be paid, this was easily done, I quote the name and address and the amount outstanding and my debit card number was taken over the phone and the payment authorised and I was advised that we would be contacted by phone for delivery. I checked how long it would be before the carpet would be available and was advised that we would be contacted by telephone when the carpet arrived instore.

As we were in the process of redecorating we did ask if they could hold delivery back and again they were more than accommodating about this and advised that we could arrange delivery on the day of our choice.

A week later we received a telephone call advising that the carpet was in stock and that we needed to now arrange a delivery date.
We had a week planned to complete the decorating and decided to have the carpet delivered on the last day.

Carpet right employ independent carpet fitters which are paid on the day for fitting, the night before they were due to arrive we received a telephone call to advise that we would be the first on the list and that they would be arriving at around 9am and they did bang on time.

We paid them cash for the fitting and they were at our house for approximately two hours fitting the carpet and they did an excellent job, our home really feels ours now we have our own touch on every room and we will definately use Carpet Right again should we need to replace carpet in the near future.

Low prices and friendly, professional service is something we certainly got on both occassions and would recommend to all potential customers.

BadCompany2007 04.05.2007 00:10

Good review.

carly_pussycat 26.02.2007 09:08

Not something I need yet as I'm a young'un still renting. Good review though :)

baalzamon 20.02.2007 11:31

Nice review, but the title needs some work! Mind you, I can't think of anything even vaguely witty... John