Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Review of "Carphone Warehouse Insurance"

published 09/06/2004 | samrbrimble
Member since : 29/03/2004
Pro Covers everything! Very easy and fast to make a claim
Cons Have to go to CPW to collect phone (Not sent to you directly)
Prices
Range of Policies
Fairness of contract
Customer service
Speed of reconciliation

"Great package!!!"

I recently bought the Nokia 6230 (see my review on this phone) from the Carphone Warehouse (CPW). Whilst I was buying the phone, I was offered insurance (Complete Lite) which I decided to take up. It was £22.50 every 3 months paid by direct debit. (Which I think is a really good price).

I know this is going to sound so fraudulent (I promise I’m not, just really stupid.). But I lost my phone within the second week of owning it. So the only option I had was to make an insurance claim on it.

I phoned the insurance company. I was told that I needed to inform the police of my loss and get a loss reference number. Which I done.

Then I called back the insurance company, and they asked me for my details, how I lost the phone and the loss reference number from the police. Within 4 minutes, My claim was authorised and was told to go to any Carphone Warehouse to get my new phone. Which I done with no problems.

One thing that I didn’t like is that you needed to pay an excess price. But then, you do with all insurance. The excess was £29.30. But I would rather pay that than £300 for a new phone!

I strongly recommend this insurance because it covers everything except when you are in another country.

What it covers:
- Loss (As I discovered, =))
- Theft
- Water Damage
- Accidental Damage
- Manufacture breakdown.
- Access to CPW services like club mobil.

If you have any question on this review or product, please feel free to contact me on: samrbrimble@hotmail.com

Sam Brimble

This review was read 1910 times and was rated at

• coolgriever published 09/06/2004
    Great review. I will buy this insurance with my new phone.
  • Christina666 published 09/06/2004
    Sounds expensive to me! thats a high premium every 3 months and to have to pay excess as well! sod that! C x
  • NURSE_BETTY published 09/06/2004
    when i got one of my phones i wasn't going to get insurance till the salesman, said your buying a 200 pound phone suggest you do get it!! hmm he shamed me in getting it! though never did need it!! mair x

Product Information : Carphone Warehouse Insurance