Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Review of "Carphone Warehouse Insurance"

published 03/05/2006 | tergwin
Member since : 13/09/2005
Pro Fast, easy service, they don't try to find a way out of the claim, understanding staff
Cons There is an excess to pay but this is reasonable and in line with other retailers
Prices
Range of Policies
Fairness of contract
Customer service
Speed of reconciliation

"The onestop communications package"

I recently purchased a phone at the carphone warehouse, and normally I would refuse insurance, but the sales staff were so thourough in their explanation of the products, and explaining the cost of the handset and contract, I took it there and then.

The policy I took was the Complete package which is only for pay monthly phones- this ranges in price from about £20 to £35 quarterly depending on the value of your phone, it offers full cover against, accidental damage, water liquid damage, theft, loss (attended), overseas cover, there is also a clause to cancel your contract after 3-6 months if you want a new phone or a different contract which is amazing as you normally only get the chance to cancel by paying your way out of the contract.

I could have taken the Lite cover again just for pay monthly phones - ranging from £15 - £30 quarterly the main difference being that the Total Freedom Guarantee (option to cancel contract) is omitted, and it's not covered for theft from vehicle (this should be covered under your car insurance anyway)

They offer 2 types of cover for pay as you go phones too, Total and go, costing from £12 or £24 a year respectively the latter only covering for damage caused to the phone.

Another unique aspect of Lifeline is Club Mowbli, which means that if your phone is faulty under the warranty, rather than send it away for a (sometimes lengthy) repair, they will replace the phone with a refurbished unit of the exact same specification (this is subjext to availability).

the Carphone Warehouse claim to pay out over 94% of their claims, in fact the only ones they state they don't pay on are fraudulent claims (naturally).

2 weeks after purchasing my new phone (the nokia N70) i had an accident involving a set of keys, my pocket, and a wall!! I basically fell against a wall with my phone and a set of keys in my pocket (quite hard) and the keys went straight through the outside screen through the lcd and into the circuitboard behind.

I went into the Carphone Warehouse thinking I would not be covered due to some clause or other such as neglect or stupidity (doh) and was psyched up for an argument, I asked the guy if i was covered and immediately was told yes, his manager would need to assess if the phone was BER (beyond economical repair) which would decide whether the phone would be replaced or repaired. And sure enough it was, £29.50 (excess) and a short claim form later and i was laughing!!

A brand new handset (minus all my photos :( ) and advice to always back up the data, they then reccomended i buy a protective case for the phone which would also be covered on the policy which i took (£12-99) and i also took their free broadband offer!! All in all a very pleasing experience, i would reccomend this service to anyone!!

Product Information : Carphone Warehouse Insurance