Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Review of "Carphone Warehouse Insurance"

published 19/01/2008 | sau_T18
Member since : 19/01/2008
Good
Pro Pay out genuine claims (which they should)
Cons Process was not as straight forward as you would expect
Prices
Range of Policies
Fairness of contract
Customer service
Speed of reconciliation

"Maximus"

I signed a new line with CPW and they recommend that I take up their insurance policy. Normally I do not do that as I never believe I will lose my phone. They managed to convince me and true in enough, something you never expect will happen happened. I actually lost my phone within two weeks of getting it (I know this sound rather silly).

I reported the lost and was told normally it will take up to 72 hours to receive a decision from CPW insurance co. Being impatient, I called after 24 hours and was told there was a list of questions I need to answer before they are able to assess my claim. Which I did immediately and fax it across. I called to confirm my reply was received. The next day I called again for a decision and they told me they did not receive my reply. Not very please (obviously) but I still fax my reply in again and called to confirm (no much of a choice anyway - you need them to supply you a new phone). I was also told that because the date between when I sign up for the policy and when I lost my phone was too close, it raises the suspision of the assessment team and that is why the further questions.

Eventually I got a new phone (note, just a phone with no other accessories at all - even though I lost the earphones together), but the process was not as easy as Lifeline has claimed. It took about a week, instead of the 72 hours they claim and the excess is £29.50 (not cheap). I am glad I got my lost phone replaced.

Product Information : Carphone Warehouse Insurance