j_k_nash 1

j_k_nash

Member since:02.03.2010

Somthing does not add up with Carphone Insurance

02.03.2010

Advantages:
none

Disadvantages:
nonpayment for different reasons

Recommendable No:

Range of Policies

Fairness of contract

Customer service

Speed of reconciliation

PricesReasonable

Is the contract in plain English?Yes

4 Ciao members have rated this review on average: not helpful See ratings
not helpful by (100%):
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. Soho_Black
  3. CPTDANIELS
and a further member

I wanted to share a recent exchange with carphones warehouse insurance... I feel that they are chaning there mind about what they do and dont insure and then on what is acceptalbe and not withing the policy I think I would not take this out again

I am now confused to start you clamed this was due to an o2/T-Mobile reporting issue. Your now calming it's down to something in the police report. I left the phone in an office meeting room where work colleges are not in some random hotel or other type of location.

The policy is supposed to cover loss and theft, is it not? I am also going to put a copy of this letter in the post to the below address is that not the case?

Jason Nash

Web: www.travelport.com Internal Product Blog: Product Blog Travelport International Limited (Company No. 01254977). Registered office: Axis One, Axis Park, 10 Hurricane Way, Langley, Berkshire, SL3 8AG, United Kingdom

-----Original Message-----
From: lifelineappeal@cpwplc.com [mailto:LifelineAppeal@cpwplc.com]
Sent: 21 December 2009 14:03
To: Nash, Jason
Subject: Re: iPhone Appeal

Dear Mr Nash,

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding your claim.

I regret to inform you that following a review of your additional information provided with your appeal, we remain unable to accept your claim.

According to the details contained within your police report, the handset was left unattended in a place where people you do not know can easily gain access. Your policy does not cover any eventuality of unattended theft/loss.

If you have any additional information that has not already been reviewed as part of your claim and appeal, simply contact the Senor Claims Manager by writing to the address below. We aim to reply in writing within 5 working days, although in some cases this may take a little longer.

Yours sincerely
Nila Kotecha
Claims Quality Manager
On behalf of the underwriters

Insurance Department
PO Box 358
Southampton
SO30 2PJ

Customers Message Follows: ------------------------ Hi,

I recently got my o2 phone officially unlocked so I could use it with my T-Mobile work SIM. This has only been in the last few weeks and am confused as to why you would need to know this. It feels like this is just a clause to try and get out of paying for the insurance.

I would not mind but have been a very good customer of Carphone warehouse over the years purchasing 3 iPhones alone not to mention 5-6 other handsets over the years you have had all of my cell phone business.

I am disappointed that you feel that this was information you require.
To pay out. Police report details, IME number ect all make a lot of sense but this just feels like a clause to try to avoid payment. Many people who are less honest then myself would have just not said that they were using the phone with an o2 SIM. and Apple and o2 now unlock the phone legaly which is what I had

It would appear you are penalising people for being honest which when your business in insurance it feels like a very odd way to run a
business.

I attach my police report details on the off chance that you might reconsider.

Yours hopefully