Carr Sheppards Crosthwaite

Carr Sheppards Crosthwaite

Review of "Carr Sheppards Crosthwaite"

published 14/12/2002 | STUARTSTIRLING
Member since : 03/12/2002
Pro Well known part of a large American Corporation
Cons Rely on their judgement to get it right
Service accessibility
Competitiveness of charges
Coverage of national/international markets
Staff courtesy/helpfulness
Quality of advice

"Janus Portfolio"

Carr Sheppards Crosthwaite is part of a large American Corporation, having its main office based in Gresham Street EC2. It also has seven other offices based in Cardiff, Hereford, Reigate,Cheltenham,Horsham,Worcester and Farnham. They are a member of the London Stock Exchange and regulated by the Securities and Futures Authority. They are also a member of the Investec Group.

Investing in Stocks and Shares can be a risky business especially in todays climate. As tempting as it may be to use one of the online services, there is very little support if anything goes wrong.

Carr Sheppards is probably one of the best known and respected of all the stockbrokers. There range of services should meet most peoples needs.

I started investing with them about 5 years ago. They sent me a form where I was encouraged to provide them with as much of my financial details as possible so they could provide me with the best investment service that could be taylored to my individual cicumstances. This is very inportant since a lot of money could be tied up for several years. If you suddenly find you need it, expensive penalties could insue.

I decided to invest £20k to start.They offered me their Janus Portfolio which is a medium risk investment. It also provides a small income. Many of the stocks which are purchased have not been published on the normal stock exchange listings so can be very obscure.I have relied very much on their judgement to get it right as I found it very difficult to trace the stocks myself.

They provide me a statement every quarter showing my present holdings and their values. All comission is handled at source and you are notified of these as well. A separate statement is sent indicating when individual stocks are bought and sold.

This portfolio has dropped in value by about 11% since it was taken out but the stock market has taken a nasty ride recently and still does not show much indication of inprovement.

However Carr Sheppards are a very professional firm and I beleive that I have my money in good hands. The Janus Portfolio is a steady long term investment and is very safe. This company is well covered for large losses to it clients as people recently investing in the likes of Aberdeen Trust will know.

If you are looking for a long term secure investment during these rocky times, Carr Sheppards are very good. They keep you well informed as what is going on, and for a small nervous investor like myself, they have not let me down so far.

• Sexy-Kay published 14/12/2002
    Interesting but I think I'd rather be more in control of my £20K investment - Kay

Product Information : Carr Sheppards Crosthwaite