Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z750

Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z750

Review of "Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z750"

published 18/09/2006 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
Have a good firework night , stay safe.
Pro ?
Cons good light camera
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability

"Zoom zoom"

baby Cassie

baby Cassie

Smile please
by mumsymary - written on 08.09.06 - Rating: (5 of 5 possible stars)

Advantages small camera takes great pictures
Disadvantages ?
Last year I was very sad I woke up to find my house had been burgled the car stolen and my digital camera boohoo, but my insurance did pay out most of what was lost and I was sent vouchers for Jessop. So I went to Jessop to buy a replacement camera the one I choose was the Casio Exilim EX-Z750 Digital Camera, it's a zoom camera.

This camera can be bought for 150 on Amazon it's a refurbished one shop demo model. A brand new camera costs "£214. at
at http://www.ukcamerastore.co.uk
I think it cost me £245 when I bought it at Jessop in February, I can't find it in their on line store when I looked today.

I had been using a Fuji digital before it was a large S L R size camera not really what I wanted a good camera yes but big.
The Casio Exlim EX750 is a small neat camera measuring 3.5 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches (89 x 59 x 22 millimetres) and weighs just 5.6 ounces (159 grams) with the battery and SD memory card. This camera has a matt silver coloured aluminium body. It will fit neatly into a shirt pocket, a jacket pocket or a small handbag. So this camera is idea to take anywhere without you feeling too cluttered up with a cumbersome camera.

This camera is neat co's it has a built in lens cover which opens when the camera is turned on, Hubby is well known for losing lens covers for his S L R camera in the field so glad I will not have that problem.

Why did I buy this camera, well I felt it was a v good camera for my needs.
My needs are to take good photo's of the grandchildren, to take good holiday photographs Just to take good general photo's I like the facility of a zoom lens to take pictures of things that are a distance away from me or to magnify small items just in front of me .I like to take flower pictures for identification but I did not need or want a professional camera with the facilities to take different lens.
My Husband does a lot of insect photography and although my camera can take a pretty fair picture of a butterfly its not quite good enough for him

OK so I am going to take a picture switch it on at the top of the camera then compose the picture; hey I have a huge 2.5-inch, TFT colour LCD monitor it takes up most of the back panel. I found this useful at the V festival I wanted to take a picture of the bands and I had a head in front of me I held my camera high and could still see what I was taking a photo of. There is also a small viewfinder to press your eye up close to, I rarely use this .The LCD monitor also gives information about the basic camera settings battery power and other information.

The Casio exilim ex750 has a 3x, 7.9-23.7mm lens, which is the equivalent toa38-114mm lens on a 35mm camera. The aperture ranges from f/2.8 to f/5.1, remaining under control automatically.
The lens will focus from 1.3 feet (40 centimetres) to infinity in normal shooting mode it has a Macro range from 3.9 to 19.7 inches (10 to 50 centimetres).
You can focus the camera both automatically and manually I have not used the manual focusing mode because of my visual problems#(double sight and short sighted) but husband does use this as then he can focus on the butterfly he wants in focus rather than the scenery or the person in a picture.
I usually take my pictures in best mode as it's easiest for me. But I might play around with the other modes sometimes. The best thing about digital cameras is you can delete useless pictures straight away from your camera with no developing charges
The exposure control is automatic which makes it easy for me but if you wanted to expose your camera manually you could do this. There are is a white balance option for changing the balance for cloudy, daylight, fluorescent and tungsten settings. There are options for image sharpening and contrast too.

As well as taking still pictures this camera has got a movie function that has audio too, so I could take a short film of my grandchildren singing.
The super life rechargeable battery allows me to take 325 shots on a single charge.
The shutter speed as with a lot of digital cameras is a little slow picture taken 0.007 after the shutter is released, often if I an taking a still shot of that special moment with the children the picture is recorded too late and I miss the action, if I have the camera ready to take a portrait though the time seems to be fine.
The camera has a built in flash. When I bought my camera I had to buy memory cards as none came with it.
The camera did come with a USB cradle for connecting the camera to your computer also for recharging the batteries. I have two memory cards a 256 and a 128 megabyte card and two batteries, that way I never miss any pictures, useful for taking on foreign holidays so I do not miss taking pictures on the last days, a spare battery.
The camera came with a software CD and a PDF instruction manual, I would really like a printed manual though.
I like my camera it's easy for me to use its small and light gives great results. What more could I ask.

Summary: a super digi camera

• tekin21 published 05/10/2006
    Sounds good, just bought myself a fab new digital camera. Jane x
  • RazzaLazza published 04/10/2006
    Good review, i'm in need of a digital camera! Rich
  • astrababe published 24/09/2006
    Great review. Very informative and well worth an E. Beautiful pictures too. And a digital camera is also useful for adding photos to ciao reviews. :-)

Product Information : Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z750

Once you've got the new EXILIM Zoom EX-Z750 in your hands, you won't want to part with it: 7.2 megapixels, 3x optical zoom and a large 2.5-inch TFT colour display as well as an optical viewfinder. The digital camera will thrill you with innovative technology and outstanding power. It makes photography a special experience. The finishing on the compact digital camera with its matt-brushed metal casing is not only high quality and well-designed, but thanks to the EXILIME Engine also extremely powerful. In addition, it also impresses with unbelievable speed: the camera is ready for use in approx. 0.9 seconds and impresses with a shutter-release delay of only approx. 0.007 seconds. When ready, the door is open for diverse photo ideas and movies - the EX-Z750 takes up to 325 pictures with just one charging of the SUPER LIFE battery. It keeps fast sequence photos and snapshots just as ready as manual setting possibilities for creative picture compositions. The EXILIM user can access them simply and quickly via the mode dial. Additionally, the EX key allows fast access to the basic functions of the EX-Z750. If you prefer to rely on pre-recorded scenes, you can choose the BESTSHOT function. The picture scenarios typical for EXILIM were increased by new BESTSHOT programs. With "Art Shot", for example, photos become small works of art that seem to stem from painting. Whether pastel, pop or cross screen filter - the imagination knows no borders. However, the program "ID Shot" is business-oriented and automatically duplicates a photographed portrait several times and arranges it on a photo in the right size for official documents. The "Continuous Zoom Shooting", which is also new, saves having to choose the right zoom factor. With one click of the shutter release it takes two pictures at the same time with different image sections. The autofocus light assist provides even better focusing in a dark environment, and dark motifs are well-illuminated thanks to the integrated flash with red eye-reduction. Moments intended to be taken in motion are recorded with sound by the small lifestyle camera as a movie in MPEG-4 format without time limit. The EXILIM user will become the perfect director once and for all with the new Movie BESTSHOT function, which offers creative scope when recording movies. For example, the Past Movie function: it continuously records where the person filming aims the lens. After pressing the shutter release it also stores the last five seconds before the beginning of the recording. On the other hand, short movies of up to eight seconds long are shot in the Short Movie function. Here too, the EXILIM user can freely choose the start of the recording and decide whether the film should be recorded before, during or after the shutter release has been pressed. If you would like to print out the single picture of a movie, you can do this in the Motion Print function. It releases a single picture as a photo from the movie and joins it together on request with eight other randomly selected pictures into a collage. The USB docking station with high-speed USB 2.0 is used for the transfer of the picture data on the PC and supports PictBridge and USB Direct Print Standard. Movies and photos can also be viewed directly on the television by means of AV-output to the docking station or the optionally available AV cable. Besides the SUPER LIFE battery and docking station, the package also includes USB cable, extensive software on CD-ROM and hand carrier straps. In the current EXILIM look are optionally available a fast battery charger, portable AV cable for connecting the camera directly with the TV and other accessories as well as camera bags and neck straps, a media case for storing memory cards and other accessories.

Product Description: Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z750 - digital camera

Product Type: Digital camera - compact

Internal Storage: 8.3 MB flash

Sensor Resolution: 7.2 Megapixel

Lens System: 3 x zoom lens - 7.9 - 23.7 mm - f/2.8-4.0, 3 x zoom lens - 7.9 - 23.7 mm - f/2.8-5.1

Focus Adjustment: Automatic, manual

Min Focus Distance: 40 cm

Digital Zoom: 8 x

Camera Flash: Built-in flash

Viewfinder: Optical - real-image zoom

Display: LCD display - 2.5"

Supported Battery: 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1230 mAh ( included )

AV Interfaces: Composite video, Composite video/audio

Sensor Resolution: 7.2 Megapixel

Optical Sensor Type: CCD

Total Pixels: 7,410,000 pixels

Effective Sensor Resolution: 7,200,000 pixels

Optical Sensor Size: 1/1.8"

Optical Zoom: 3 x

Digital Zoom: 8 x

Auto Focus: TTL contrast detection

Digital Video Format: MPEG-4

Image Recording Format: JPEG

AV Interfaces: Composite video, Composite video/audio

Exposure & White Balance

Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 50, ISO auto (50-400)

Exposure Metering: Multi-segment, centre-weighted

Exposure Modes: Programme, automatic, aperture-priority, shutter-priority

White Balance: Custom, automatic, presets

Max Shutter Speed: 1/1600 sec

Min Shutter Speed: 60 sec

Exposure Compensation: ±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps

Lens System

Type: 3 x zoom lens - 7.9 - 23.7 mm - f/2.8-4.0, 3 x zoom lens - 7.9 - 23.7 mm - f/2.8-5.1

Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera: 38 - 114mm

Flash Modes: Fill-in mode, auto mode, flash OFF mode, red-eye reduction

Effective Flash Range: 0.4 m - 2.9 m

Additional Features

Self Timer Delay: 10 sec, 2sec

Additional Features: Audio recording, direct print, USB 2.0 compatibility, auto daylight savings time, built-in speaker, auto power save, digital noise reduction, date/time stamp, DPOF support, digital image rotation, PRINT Image Matching, camera orientation detection, PictBridge support, histogram display, AE lock, AF lock, alarm function, resizing an image, MOTION PRINT

Viewfinder

Display Features: Built-in

Microphone

Microphone Operation Mode: Mono

Connections

Connector Type: 1 x USB ¦ 1 x docking station ¦ 1 x composite video/audio output ¦ 1 x DC power input

Software

Software: Drivers & Utilities, Photo Loader, Photohands, Ulead Movie Wizard SE VCD

System Requirements for PC Connection

Operating System Support: MS Windows XP, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows ME, MS Windows 98, MS Windows 98 SE, Apple Mac OS X, Apple MacOS 9.0 or later

Peripheral Devices: USB port, CD-ROM Drive

Miscellaneous

Included Accessories: Docking station, hand strap, power adapter, USB cable

Body Material: Metal, Aluminium

Battery

Battery Type: Casio NP-40

Details: 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1230 mAh ( included )

Memory / Storage

Supported Memory Cards: MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card

Internal Storage: 8.3 MB flash

Image Storage: Fine JPEG 3072 x 2304 : 1 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Normal JPEG 3072 x 2304 : 3 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Economy JPEG 3072 x 2304 : 6 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Fine JPEG 3072 x 2048 : 2 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Normal JPEG 3072 x 2048 : 3 - with 64MB card ¦ Economy JPEG 3072 x 2048 : 7 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Fine JPEG 2560 x 1920 : 3 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Normal JPEG 2560 x 1920 : 4 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Economy JPEG 2560 x 1920 : 5 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Fine JPEG 2048 x 1536 : 4 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Normal JPEG 2048 x 1536 : 6 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Economy JPEG 2048 x 1536 : 11 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Fine JPEG 1600 x 1200 : 7 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Normal JPEG 1600 x 1200 : 10 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Economy JPEG 1600 x 1200 : 20 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Fine JPEG 640 x 480 : 39 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Normal JPEG 640 x 480 : 52 - with 8.3MB built-in memory ¦ Economy JPEG 640 x 480 : 83 - with 8.3MB built-in memory

Video Capture: MPEG-4 - 640 x 480 - 30 fps ¦ MPEG-4 - 320 x 240 - 15 fps