Casio FX 991 ES

Casio FX 991 ES

10+2 digit, 2 line display, 401 functions, dual power, 9 memories, ages 11+, 24 level parenthesis, formula 79 bytes, slide on case

Review of "Casio FX 991 ES"

published 24/02/2011 | Pyrexx
Member since : 24/02/2011
Pro easy to use
Cons no solar pannel
Look & Feel
Robustness & Durability
Range of Extra Features
Instruction manual

"Casio FX 991 ES; formula for success."

I switched to this calculator because my university told me I had to. I am very glad they did. This is so much simpler and easy to use than other scientific calculators I have used in the past.

Although it isn't really important, I really like the fact this is a brightly coloured calculator. Mostly they're black or dark grey and ever so dreary. This cream and pastel coloured calculator really brightens up maths! (well, a little bit)

The solar panels aren't a feature of many scientific calculator, but they really are handy. The tiny batteries needed are so hard to find, and even harder to change that I've just thrown away calculators in the past when the power runs out. The solar panel on this calculator means I don't have to worry about that anymore.

My favourite thing about this calculator is the fact that the case contains a few notes on how to carry out functions such as change the mode and carry out simple statistical tests. These do not violate exam regulations in my university (which is a highly prestige member of the russell group) so I don't think many places will have a problem with them. I've found they get me out tricky situations time and again.

This calculator is a bit cheaper than many similar products on the market. I can only assume they can afford the lower price due to the popularity of the calculator, because everything seems to be of very high quality.