Castrol Chain Spray O-R Aerosol

Castrol Chain Spray O-R Aerosol

Castrol Chain Spray O-R Aerosol - 1 x 400ml Aerosol

Review of "Castrol Chain Spray O-R Aerosol"

published 18/02/2012 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro So many
Cons None at all
Performance
Ease of Use

"Excellent Chain Spray - probably the best"

One of the best motorcycle lubricants I personally think you can get is the Castrol Chain Spray. This lubricant is fully synthetic but I like it because it is suitable for either X rings or without X rings. I pay around about £6 or so for a 400ml standard sized tin can, depending on how much it’s currently retailing for on Ebay. Sometimes, I manage to get it for considerably less than this.

I have personally found out, de to experience, that the best way to use this spray is to firstly clean the chain with some chain cleaner (obviously Castrol again is the best, if you can afford it). Shake the can vigorously before using and then spray the cleaned chain with the chain spray, liberally. Depending on the weather conditions at the time, after I have sprayed this over the chain, I wait for it to evaporate – sometimes this can take as long as twenty minutes, up to half an hour, depending on how hot or cold the weather is. Only when the lubricant has properly managed to dry off though, will I then go on to use the motorcycle.

The reasons I personally rate this chain spray above others I have used is because it gives excellent penetration and infiltration for adhesion a negligible amount of fling. I have also found that it does protect very well, even in really adverse weather conditions. I cannot fault this stuff. It’s also highly resistant to water washing it off, which is fantastic and I like the fact that it protects against corrosion very well too.

As I say, I cannot fault this product. It is very handy, versatile and also easy to source and inexpensive, so I cannot ask for anything more. It's simple and easy to use and highly effective all round, really.

Highly recommended against other brands I have used.

• CharleneAndJohn published 18/02/2012
    Wow you and the misses must be having a lot of fun lately with all these new sex toys and lubes :)
  • danielclark691 published 18/02/2012
    Out of interest, what are X rings?