Review of "Cat Mate Electromagnetic Cat Flap"

published 30/07/2011 | Curly1966
Member since : 30/07/2011
Good
Pro Freedom for my cats and no smelly litter tray in the house
Cons Sometimes doesn't close properly, letting other cats in
Size

"Cat Mate flap is good but sometimes lets in other cats too"

Living in a tiny house, the idea of a cat litter tray doesn't appeal. So a cat flap is vital. The Cat Mate Electromagnet flap works well on most levels - the cats find it easy to use, it has various locking levels so you can keep the cats in, keep them out, set it so that next time they come in, they are then trapped inside. It's selling point is that, because of the magnet on the collar, only your cats can come in. The biggest problem I have found is that the flap doesn't always close properly after them, effectively leaving it open for any cat to come in - which for me resulted in a smelly kitchen after a visit from an unneutered male. It seems to work better and close properly when the weather is dry. I have tried weighting down the flap (by taping coins to it) in an attempt to make it close more easily, but even that doesn't work at times. So, basically a good product, but don't rely on the fact that no other cat can get in - I have come home a number of times to find other cats curled up on my sofa or eating the cat food!

• cha97michelle published 31/07/2011
    I'm glad I am in all day with my boy cat. I have had other cats sneak in when the door is open, but no damage thankfully.