Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

Review of "Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream"

published 11/09/2012 | Violet1278
Member since : 10/11/2008
Mum of 4 two girls and two boys now 33, 31,28 and 25.
Pro A beautiful hand and nail cream that is softening and fresh
Cons Not quite as moisturising as L'Occitane.
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"French Hand And Nail Cream From Grapes!"

Caudalie Hand And Nail Cream

In recent years there has been increased availability of French beauty products in the UK, and in particular there has been an opportunity to find more natural and organic brands such as Caudalie. Caudalie is one of my favourite brands and their hand and nail cream is absolutely beautiful.

Retailing for £6 for 30ml or around £12 for 75ml the hand cream is available from Amazon, Feel Unique.com, Escensual.com and Look Fantastic.com amongst others, and it pays to shop around as most of these have offers from time to time, and also have links to cash back sites so extra savings are possible. I have also seen this in John Lewis and more recently in Boots.

I am absolutely in love with this product and it has pride of place in my handbag all the time - I would say that it is on a par with top end creams made by L'Occitane, and has the advantage of being an ideal size to take on board aircraft in cabin baggage.

The tube is absolutely beautiful in fresh spring green, and a picture depicting a hand squeezing a large bunch of grapes gives an insight into this product. In common with all Caudalie ranges this cream is made from grapes harvested in the Bordeaux region of France. It has long been known that chemicals within grapes have anti-oxidant properties, and these are harnessed and incorporated within the framework of all the products Caudalie make.

The Promise And Does It Deliver?

This hand and nail cream is sold with the following promises. The first being that it contains anti-oxidants as I have mentioned, the second is that it is nourishing, the third that it imparts moisture. and the fourth that it strengthens nails so preventing them from becoming brittle and breaking. In particular this cream is aimed at anyone who wishes to ensure that the hands do not age too quickly and remain soft and moisturised.

The main ingredient in this cream that supplies the moisture and imparts the beautiful fresh scent is orange pulp. There is also a hint of almond and rosewater, and softening shea butter and avocado.

Using the cream is pure delight as the fragrance is so light and springlike, it feels fresh and clean. What I really love about this cream is that it leaves no greasy residue. meaning that you can use it and carry on with what you are doing quickly. So many hand creams , whilst of excellent quality, leave this greasy layer behind which isn't what you want during the day. I have been testing a similar product made by Jurlique - their citrus hand cream, but this, unlike the Caudalie version, leaves a greasy layer behind forcing me to use it very sparingly.

The Caudalie product is very moisturising, though not to the extent of the L'Occitane Shea Butter cream which is intensely so. This cream is just perfect to use when travelling which is what I use it for the most. Being a very handy size to slip into my handbag I will often use it when out and about to keep my hands fresh and soft.

Brilliant For Nails!

I love the softening properties this has, and it has also had a major impact on my nails since I have been using it with frequency. They break less and generally grow longer before splitting. I think this product excels in this area as my nails used to be prone to breakage, and I would often suffer with hang nails at the sides which would become sore and unsightly. This seems to soften the entire area around the nails and also imparts a strength to them.

Being free from parabens this cream is even more appealing to me as it is a natural cream too! I try to purchase products that are made from simple ingredients where I can especially with regard to creams that are absorbed into the skin.

I don't use this at night as I prefer something with more intensity and will usually use a L'Occitane product for this, but during the day this is absolutely perfect for softening hands and making them look moisturised and sweet smelling. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you have dry hands, but if you have exceptionally dry hands then I would veer more towards the L'Occitane creams that are slightly more intensive.

I absolutely love this for travel especially for long haul flights when the air cabin is dry, and since I also use a hand sanitiser on board this is ideal to use afterwards.

I would just suggest shopping around for the best price. There is a lot of competition out there now for the sale of these French products that are no longer just being sold by one lone outlet.

All in all this is a first class product

Summary: Well worth buying for daily use.

This review is also published on Dooyoo under my user name Machair1

• Coloneljohn published 30/09/2012
    Excellent review. John
  • sweetybi published 20/09/2012
    E :)
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 18/09/2012
    Back :) x

offers "Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream"

Product Information : Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

A pleasurable nourishing and anti-oxidant treatment with a fresh sweet Orange Pulp voluptuous fragrance softened by almond powder and a drop of Rosewater. Does not leave any greasy film. For those who want a nourishing anti-ageing treatment for hands and nails. It contains antioxidant Grapevine polyphenols and nourishing Organic shea butter from an equitable trade source. To use: Apply on hands and nails as often as you wish and massage. Apply generously. Gently rub hands together, next massage each finger, ending with the cuticles and nail surface. Your nails will particularly thank you for this nourishing gesture which will leave them both strengthened and invigorated.

Long Name: Hand and Nail Cream